• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to Set Aside a CCJ order

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to Set Aside a CCJ order

    Ive just found out today from my bank that I had an adverse record on my credit file after my overdraft was withdrawn.*Upon checking my credit file, I found out that this was because Lowell had succeeded in getting a CCJ judgment against me for an 82 debt which after court fees incread to 227.

    I would like to have my day in court as I wasnt aware of the hearing and this was a debt that was fiercely contested with Littlewoods before it was sold on to Lowell.

    l had brought an iPad from Littlewoods in Feb 2014 which I had paid for in full before interest started kicking in but due to an incorrect advise from one of their customer services advisor, I incurred some kind of administrative charge. I contested this and asked Littlewoods to listen to their recorded calls. This was escalated to their customer relations team in shop direct who had written to apologise and rescinded the decision to charge me so I was very surprised when in 2015, Lowell started chasing me for the same debt of 60 or so. I had called and told Lowell that I did not owe the debt and that they should supply me with information they had. They refused to do this and told me to speak to Littlewoods. I got on the phone to Littlewoods who then told me that they could no longer see any information on my account and so had to deal with Lowell but Lowell want giving me details either.

    I then resorted to ignoring Lowells letters so I didnt know that this had now been escalated to a court claim and so missed the notice to go to court.*

    Is there any chance that I can successfully have this set aside by the courts so that I can prepare for a defence in court?

    Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

    CCJ was recorded in Sept 2019.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Most companies hold records of data for at least 6 years so your starting might should be to make a subject access request for all data (if any) Littlewoods holds about you. If you know the account details then you should supply them with this information too.*

    Otherwise as to the setting aside of the CCJ, I suggest you read my guide first to give you an understanding of the process involved.

    Check out some useful guides below

    A guide to voluntary termination
    Seting aside a CCJ
    Completing an N180 Form (Courtesy of Jaguarsuk)

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Some of the content I post may include example wording, letters, or other similar responses but they are intended purely for informational and educational purposes. Using some or all of the content I post may fail to meet your needs that is specific to your situation. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice and you can do this through the Law Society's Find a Solicitor database, by contacting your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or legal advice centres such as LawWorks. You may also be able to seek legal advice from your local university who may run a free (but limited) legal advice clinic to members of the public.


    • #3
      Thank you very much for your reply. I will send the SAR report off to Littlewoods today and follow the link provided.


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      1 of 2 < >


      Pre-Action Letters
      First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence
      Set Aside Application
      Witness Statements
      Directions Questionnaire
      Statute Barred Letter

      If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

      NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
      Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

      Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

      If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

      We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
      If your case is over �10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
      2 of 2 < >

      Need Formal Help?

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm

      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm