• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N24 and N271

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N24 and N271

Hi, I have received the above two letters this morning N24 (General Directions Order) and N271 (Notice of Transfer of Proceedings). Back in August last year I had a Variation Order stating I could pay the outstanding balance in monthly instalments, I have had nothing since and have paid the agreed amount each month. I am confused as to what this current letter is and it states I have 7 days to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. Can anyone help me understand what I need to do?
    Tags: None

It might help to know the content of the General Directions Order.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hope this helps:

Before Deputy District Judge Kneale sitting at the Civil National Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katharin's Hous

21-27 St Katharine's Street, Northampton, NN1 2LH

Upon reading an application from the claimant

It is ordered that

The claim be transferred to the County Court at Hastings for the application to be listed for hearing (on notice)

and served.

Because this Order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and
      1. the party making the application is the Defendant; and
      2. the Defendant is an individual,

then upon the filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's

Comment

Had you seen the Claimant's application?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No, this was the first I’ve heard anything since last August. I have been paying the agreed amount every month.

Comment

Well, it seems that the claimant has applied to the court for something, and the National Business Centre has sent the case off to Hastings, which I hope is your local court centre, to hear that application.

Obviously you need to see the application and any supporting statements, so that you can understand what the claimant wants and prepare your response.

Comment

Thank you so much. Do I need to complete a N245?

Comment

I can't see what this would achieve. Do you think otherwise?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X