• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an advice,

I bought a land more than a year ago and completion didn’t happened because of a solicitor mistake. I have an exchange of emails which mentions that they were the cause of the loss of my deposit and I am not happy with the service they provided me but not a formal letter of complaint was sent. I instructed a solicitor to send them out a pre-action protocol letter and they responded to it which wasn’t satisfactory. We decided to go to the legal ombudsman and lodged a complaint. The ombudsman team replied to my complaint that pre-action protocol letter is not a letter of complaint and they need to see a letter of complaint and final response. Can I still submit a letter of complaint to the solicitor after we have sent them a pre-action protocol letter? Will the solicitor in question have to reply as they have already replied to my pre-action protocol letter? What are my options now?

Thanks for help
    Tags: None

Your options appear to be to follow through with legal action.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you.
      Can I still submit a letter of complaint to the service provider and carry on with the legal ombudsman complaint or it is too late now? As legal action and court costs will be expensive and I have already lost a lot of money.

Comment

Atti has it right. There is nothing to say that you cannot submit a letter of complaint, but having put a foot down on the litigation path the response may be that the letter before action trumps it.

If your complaint is real then litigation may prompt a settlement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X