• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsbury ban and DWF letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsbury ban and DWF letter

Hi,
    I am a overseas student and I encountered a misunderstanding incident in sainsbury two more weeks ago and received a ban from Sainsbury for missing the payment for two sets of cups because i think the three are a pile but the security just ignored my explanation and treated me very rude and impolite.
    No police was involved, but they took my BRP and personal info for looking in the threat of calling the police. I was afraid of spending too much time there so i gave them. They said it was internal and will not have any record but I was also banned in Sainsbury for 6 months.
    Recently I just received a dwf letter stating I have to pay 150 pounds for security for the 6 pounds cups stolen and recovery. I wonder how I can handle it. If I receive any dwf letters repeatedly or take any action, what should i do?Now i really regret i gave them my information and it made my mental condition even more worse and I felt guilty because my family members in China asked many people for this but i cannot do anything but made progress for my mental issues. I also went back yesterday to argue it with store manager but the security wanted to kick me out. As what the manager, my lawyer relatives and friends suggests, I could email and dial the company for arguing this. And the civil advice staff also suggests me to talk with the company representative about the payment or it might influence my graduate visa, and after paying this i can complain sainsbury or talk with lawyer to protect my consumer rights for any compensation for my reputational damage and mental loss.What i was considering is:
    1. If I send the argue email with them, should I still pay for it to prevent the risk for my visa application?
    2. If I ignore it, will the payment become double or even more or have any other court action to influence my study and work and psw visa?
    3. If I pay the money, I feel like I admit to have stolen their cheap cups. Is this really the end of the case?
    4. If I want to protect my consumer rights and claim their discrimination, what should I do?(I will go to China‘s Embassy today)
    Any other useful advice?
    Tags: None

Here are the letters sample.
    Attached Files

Comment

All you have to do is ignore them, and after a few letters they give up pestering you.

In UK they have no case in law as
      1) there was no loss to them as they retained the goods
      2)they cannot charge you for their security costs as these are not attributable to you. Their security employees were only doing what they are paid to do anyway.

If you contact them they will ony redouble their efforts to relieve you of your money

There will be no other action, it will not affect your visa application.

Relax and continue with your studies

Comment

Did you ever hear anymore from them what was the outcome? Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X