• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCB Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCB Legal

I work in another country 95% of the year so I struggle getting up to date with my mail. I’ve received a paper form DCB legal acting on behalf of UK parking control limited. I have let the court know on line that I acknowledge it. I lend my car most of the year to a local garage and whilst it has been in their control they overstayed at a McDonald’s restaurant. I contacted them but it’s over a year ago and they don’t know who was driving. Also they are trying to over £200 for an alleged offence that was £100. Is this also legal. What should I do?
    Tags: None

Forgot to post this.
    Attached Files

Comment

I guess no advice then?

Comment

Sorry, but your post seems to have been missed. Unfortunately it happens sometimes.

As that claim form was issued on 4th July you will need to submit a defence very quickly, or possibly ask the court for more time

This isn't my usual thing so tagging ostell and echat11 for help, but I think you will have to be asking DCB legal for copies of any documents they intend to rely on and UKPC for copies of the PCN

Comment

ostell is the expert regards most parking matters.

a) Send CPR 31.14 their solicitors, they have 12 days to provide all the documents that relate to their claim, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

b) What you can do is remove all reference's to the CCA 1974, then use that as a structure for your defence.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

I think this thread might help a little - https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-charge-notice

Comment

Make sure you mention the fact that you were abroad at the time and the garage were the keeper of the car. Note that POFA provides for KEEPER liability not registered keeper liability.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X