• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court business centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court business centre

Help needed,
    received a claim form letter from them for a parking ticket over 4 years ago. They say in their defence that I agreed to pay within 28days but I never did. What shall I do?
    Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_135614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1614400 letter

Comment

Here's a thread on a similar case which should give you some pointers: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ticket-in-2019

Comment

I actually commented on that post page 2 but it seems the person got no answers how to proceed.

Comment

So post 3 on that thread tells you what your first steps are.
          1) acknowledge claim on line
          2) SAR to the Parking company and CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor for all the documents they intend to use, especially the PCN and a copy of the sign that allegedly created the contract.
          Do not admit to being the driver

I don't know why it was not followed up... perhaps peeps away or ill. This is a voluntary forum.

I've only posted as I noted you had not received any response.
          If I see our knowledgeable ones on line I'll give them a nudge

Comment

I tried to acknowledge online with code and password but it wouldn't except it, I've now made a offer of payment (half of what they wanted) not sure how that goes didn't want a CCJ yet haven't acknowledge I was driver. Not sure if I've done right thing, sick of it hanging round me neck.

Comment

If you don't acknowledge the claim, nor eventually enter a defence, you could end up with a default judgment against you.
              Keep trying online or phone to see if there is a problem

Any offer you make should be conditional on the claimant discontinuing his claim to ensure you do not receive that CCJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X