• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drafting a LNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting a LNA

Please bear with me on this one, i am at my wits end with this, i pay The AA for recovery and parts and labour. My car was vandalised so i made a claim with them and they sent the car to one of their preferred suppliers, they could not complete the work. They then sent it to another of their preferred suppliers and they could not complete the work, in the meantime i contacted my motor insurance to see if they could assist, there were Covid restrictions that delayed them coming to inspect the vehicle and i let the AA third party know of this, and they started adding storage fees which i had never been made aware of or agreed to. This fight has gone on for five months, in that time i have had to purchase another vehicle tax and insure it, as well maintain the vehicle that i had been prevented access to. When i complained to the AA as their 2nd party company that had been involved with my car stated that storage fees should not be added and they had instructed the third party to release my vehicle, this was never done and they continued to add storage fees. I requested a DSAR from The AA, and the second and third parties involved with The AA, the third party that had been adding the fees ignored my request, i then gave them a full 12 weeks before i submitted another, they then asked for payment for the DSAR, and i reminded them that they could not do this (that can only be requested for certain criteria which this did not meet) and they again ignored my request. I have the DSAR from the 2nd party which confirms everything that i have stated and now i wish to draft an LBA but i am unsure of how to do so, i would have employed a solicitor to do so but this is a very unique case and i do not know where to start on which solicitor would be able to assist. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi Anonymous

Am I right in saying that you hold the AA responsible, these third parties were contracted by the AA to do the work.

In that case, write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such.
    Email it to:

AA Corporation Limited
    Jakob Pfaudler
    Chief Executive Officer
    jakob.pfaudler@theaa.com

Explain what's happened, (you have lots of info with the SAR's you sent out). why you are unhappy with the Customer Service and what you want them to do to resolve the situation (clearly you should be compensated for the poor Customer Service, any other costs that should be reimbursed to you etc).

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi Anonymous

Am I right in saying that you hold the AA responsible, these third parties were contracted by the AA to do the work.

In that case, write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such.
      Email it to:

AA Corporation Limited
      Jakob Pfaudler
      Chief Executive Officer
      jakob.pfaudler@theaa.com

Explain what's happened, (you have lots of info with the SAR's you sent out). why you are unhappy with the Customer Service and what you want them to do to resolve the situation (clearly you should be compensated for the poor Customer Service, any other costs that should be reimbursed to you etc).

Thank you for your response, you see this is where it gets confusing , as far as i am concerned i pay The AA and my contract is with them, now what happened was the car goes to their partner (Prestige) and they gave the car to Vanquish to complete. Prestige returned the DSAR with all data contained within any conversation with myself The AA and Prestige, i said that it was incomplete however as there was no data from Vanquish, i wanted their call logs to tie in with my chronological order of events, and they have not provided this, when i went back to the AA and mentioned this, they responded by saying that any works carried out are under contract with Vanquish ( no works were carried out) so who is actually responsible? The AA, Prestige, or Vanquish? the DSAR does show that i spoke with several people and the instruction was for Vanquish to return the vehicle to myself, they did not, but should this also have been followed up by The AA as this is who i raised the complaint to and to whom i pay for a service.

Comment

For me it's the AA, you shouldn't have to contact other parties when you have an agreement with them. It's ridiculous that the car is sent to one third party who in tern sends it to another. It might be an idea to check out your AA's T's and C's.

But do email the CEO.

Comment

For me it's the AA, you shouldn't have to contact other parties when you have an agreement with them. It's ridiculous that the car is sent to one third party who in tern sends it to another. It might be an idea to check out your AA's T's and C's.

But do email the CEO.
          Sorry for the late response i have had quite a few family issues to deal with, i have emailed The AA CEO who is on annual leave, and my request has been passed on to someone to deal. Also when i requested the DSAR from Vanquish (via The AA for them to request the information as Vanquish are trying to request payment of £36 for the DSAR which they are not allowed to do unless the request is manifestly unfounded which mine is not, and they simply ignore me) The AA stated that my contract for any work carried out is with the third party that completes the work, and this is correct as per their contract, but i have not had any work carried out. Therefore The AA should honour my request? So i have read thoroughly the contract supplied to me from The AA, and i have found the following sections.

6 . The law and language, which applies to the policy

Save for the rights granted to Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited under this policy
          any person or company who is not a party to this contract does not have any rights they can enforce
          under this contract by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except those they
          have by law.

Surely this means that unless any works has been carried out by the third party supplier, then my contract reverts back to The AA and no one else can enforce under this contract?

4 . What will you have to pay for services provided by AAIS?

AAIS will always inform you of, or confirm, in writing its fees for the services it provides under
          this contract. These fees will be advised in the contract, in the accompanying letter, or separately
          in writing and will be identified separately from the premium. Subject to any statutory rights you
          may have, AAIS will not refund any of its fees except where it has arranged a refund of premium
          following cancellation in the cooling off period of the AA Parts and Garage Cover Policy. AAIS
          will also tell you about any other charges relating to your AA Parts and Garage Cover.

Storage fees should not have been applied by Vanquish as there was no prior agreement and i was not notified by The AA or in writing by Vanquish (except for a Whatsapp message which is an app i really do not use and it was after the fact and storage fees were already applied) I also have the DSAR from The AA where Prestige have said on a recorded call that they should not have been applied.

Comment

Vanquish shouldn't be asking for a payment for the DSAR, you could consider lodging a complaint with the ICO Wait for the AA to come back to you, it's good that the AA DSAR has produced some good info, 'the Recorded Call'.

Comment

Vanquish shouldn't be asking for a payment for the DSAR, you could consider lodging a complaint with the ICO Wait for the AA to come back to you, it's good that the AA DSAR has produced some good info, 'the Recorded Call'.
              Oh i have informed them of this, the last email they sent states "the DSAR has been ready, they need the payment of £36 and they will send it" my guess is they don't have it ready, but they know that i will not pay what they are asking as it is incorrect, i have lodged FOUR complaints to the ICO for each instance that they have failed to supply the information, but they really are useless as i have heard nothing back. Yes the DSAR calls have Prestige saying that there should have been no storage fees and it not something they do not allow. After reading the contract fully and in particular the sections that i have highlighted above, it would seem that i am entirely correct? listen thank you for all of your help thus far, i really do appreciate it, you don't know me and you give the most important commodity.....time, to respond. It is ridiculous how hard it is to get any justice from businesses and corporations.
              Last edited by anonymous1975; 9th August 2021, 16:27:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X