• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of claim BW legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of claim BW legal

I’ve received a letter of claim from BW Legal for a PCN dated nov 2019. The PCN is for overstaying in a free 20 minute space by 15 minutes. I was not the driver at the time of the incident.

Is the following enough of a response to dispute the letter of claim.

To whomever this may concern,

I am in receipt of your Letter of Claim, dated 18th February 2021.

First, I deny any debt to Parking Solutions Limited and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

Secondly, in reading your letter I do not believe (in reading through the Practice Direction for Pre-Action Conduct) that it is fully compliant with the Practice Direction: it is in fact woefully defective and possibly a deliberate attempt to mislead the recipient.

The letter that I received does not provide me with sufficient detail of the claim, nor does it provide any evidence that you stated in your letter that your client is relying on. Your client must come to understand that on 1st October 2017, a new protocol came into action regarding debt claims. Since the claim proceedings are taking place after this date, the new protocol must be adhered to.

The letter that I received from yourselves does not meet the requirements of the previously valid Practice Direction – Pre-Action Conduct (paragraphs 6(a) and 6(c)) and the new Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims (paragraphs 3.1(a)-(d)), 5.1 and 5.2. As you and your client should be well aware, the previously used Practice Direction and the Protocol, which is applicable from 1st October 2017, are legally binding to all parties of any sized debt claim. It is in place so that prior to court proceedings, all parties understand the claim and their particular positions in relation to it, ensure that parties can take stock of their positions and also negotiate a settlement before the claim goes to court as to mitigate court costs and also valuable court time.

I am requesting all the documents/information that the new protocol state that your client has to produce. As a result of not providing this information from letter before claim, your client should not issue any proceedings without complying with the protocol requirements. I must also state that I reserve the right to bring to light any failure of the Claimant to obey with the protocol to the attention of the court, and to ask the court to stay the claim and order your client to comply with its pre-action obligations, and when any costs come to be considered.

I require your client to comply with its obligations by sending me the following information/documents:

1. An explanation of the cause of action
    2. Whether they are pursuing me as driver or keeper
    3. Whether they are relying on the provisions of Schedule 4 of POFA 2012
    4. What the details of the claim are; where it is claimed the vehicle was parked, for how long, how the monies being claimed arose and have been calculated
    5. Is the claim for a contractual breach? If so, what is the date of the agreement? The names of the parties to it and provide to me a copy of that contract.
    6. Is the claim for trespass? If so, provide details.
    7. Provide me a copy of the contract with the landowner under which they assert authority to bring the claim, as required by the IPC code of practice section B, clause 1.1 establishing yourself as the creditor.
    8. A plan showing where any signs were displayed
    9. Details of the signs displayed (size of sign, size of font, height at which displayed)
    10. Provide details of the original charge and detail any interest and administrative or other charges added
    11. Provide a copy of the Information Sheet and the Reply Form

If your client does not provide me with this information then I put you on notice that I will be relying on the cases of Webb Resolutions Ltd v Waller Needham & Green [2012] EWHC 3529 (Ch), Daejan Investments Limited v The Park West Club Limited (Part 20) Buxton Associates [2003] EWHC 2872, Charles Church Developments Ltd v Stent Foundations Limited & Peter Dann Limited [2007] EWHC 855 in asking the court to impose sanctions on your client and to order a stay of the proceedings, pursuant to paragraphs 13 ,15(b) and (c) and 16 of the Practice Direction, as referred to in paragraph 7.2 of the Protocol.

Lastly, I cannot properly respond to this claim filed against me, I am also unable to understand my position in relation to it until your client has fulfilled their responsibilities as the Claimant, by providing me with the sufficient information that is required of them to go forth with any court proceedings. If your client still proceeds without this information provided, I will seek immediate stay pursuant to paragraph 15(b) of the Practice Direction, and an order that this information is provided
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X