• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I need an N9b after CCJ set sside?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need an N9b after CCJ set sside?

Its for a credit card debt.

Do I fill in an N9b and how do I lodge it?

I made a CPR31.14 request to get all the info, particularly the CCA and details of a payment they say I made. I dont think I will get the info in time for my defence. What should I write about no info received?

Also, I only received a "pre assessment letter", (copy attached), not a "Letter Before Action". Are they the same thing. If not, that could be another piece of my defence, yes?

HUGE thanks for all help.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Sorry but your post is very confusing, possibly because you have not posted all the information? If the letter you have attached is all you have received then it’s not a ‘letter before action’ it’s just a badly worded mail merged standard letter making veiled threats of your account possibly being passed on to solicitors. it’s best not to ignore letters from debt collectors because matters is only escalate to a higher level but unless you have received any more communication from them you seem to be jumping the gun. Can you give more details about the title of your post? Do I need an N9b after CCJ set sside?

Comment

Sorry. I'm at the stage where the CCJ has been set aside and now I need to submit a defence to court and Hoist Portfolio.
      I didnt receive a claim form originally and believe debt is statute barred.

I got the CCJ set aside and now have 14 days (7 days left), to lodge a defence.

Defence will mainly be SB. Hoist portfolio said i made a payment within the last 6 years - ive asked for details. Nothing received yet.

I also dont think i ever received a Letter Before Action just a "pre legal assesment". Is that the same thing?

Ive got a copy of Hoists skeleton(?) claim containing their witness statement. I'll try and scan it and upload. It makes no mention of a LBA. But it does have a 'copy' of the claim form with "reference only" watermarked across it.

Hope that all make sense?

Thx

Comment

Hoist's witness statement attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

You need to make an application to have the matter struck out because it is statute barred. You were not served the papers and the claimant admits it. Having said that, I'm not a solicitor, you really need to consult a solicitor whatever it costs you, will be worth it. I know the witness statement asked for a judgement making you file a defence within fourteen days but was a judgement to that effect made?
          Last edited by EnglandPi; 3rd March 2021, 00:50:AM.

Comment

Yes, the set aside order from the court asks for a defence within 14 days.

I'll draft my defence today and upload so you helpful people can check over.

Comment

DRAFT DEFENCE ATTACHED.
              Please check over. There are 2 blue bits that I have added, but don't know if I should and yellow bits that i don't understand or if they are applicable for me.

Thanks for looking over - its scary thinking you may have missed something.

Attached Files

Comment

the agreement was entered into on or around 25 January 2005.

You need to ask for a signed certified copy of the agreement. I'm sure they will provide a generic copy but not a copy signed by you.

If you don't understand what your writing don't write it. keep it simple and plain English.

Last edited by EnglandPi; 3rd March 2021, 13:21:PM.

Comment

Thanks. But what about the blue bits and yellow bits?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X