• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors - Notice of pending legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors - Notice of pending legal action

Hi all. I've received an LBA from Lowell Solicitors on behalf of Lowell Portfolio regarding a £300 credit card debt. Shall I use the LBA reply form to request proof of liability?

I'm assuming I can check SECTION 1 BOX C (I don't know whether I owe the debt) and SECTION 4 BOX I (I need more documents or information)?

Also I'm on the lowest Universal Credit for the next few months.. if I need to offer repayment is there a chance they will not accept my low offer and take me to court anyway or will they counter offer?

Thanks for reading any help is much appreciated.
    Tags: None

I'm having trouble fitting in all the required documents on BOX I, Should I request more or less than the examples given?
    Last edited by LauRo; 3rd February 2021, 11:39:AM.

Comment

If anyone can help please.

Comment

Sorry, im a newbie, so cant help directly but if no one replies here, try the Money Saving Expert forum. They have a very good debt forum with lots of helpers.

Comment

Reading between the lines of what you have written it would appear you have recieved a letter before action together with a pre-action protocol for debt claims. Which the courts require are sent to a debtor and allowing you thirty days before they can proceed to issue a county court summons and particulars of claim. This is to give you every opportinity to admit / dispute or seek advice about the debt . It's in no ones interest to take you to court and they are asking you to talk to them. I suggest you do just that. They know they can't get blood out of a stone so communication is the key. I think you will find they are firm but fair. They will only normally take you to court if you ignore them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X