• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine

Hi I have just received a letter for the first time saying I owe £160 for a fine back in November 2019. This is the first time I have been aware of this fine and they say I have a month to pay or they will take me to court. They said they have been sending me letters to my provirus address as that’s where my car log book was addressed to. I have no idea what to do can I have some advice please
    Tags: None

SAR to the parking company to get all the paperwork

Letter to BWL telling them that this is the first you have heard about this matter and as such you cannot possibly be held liable as the keeper.

Don't hint at the identity if the driver.

Any valid reason why the V5 was not updated?

Comment

I moved address and forgot to change the log book. I called them and asked for all the details of the original form and they said it’s gone further and they are duelling with the matter now. If I don’t pay the £160 they will take me to court

Comment

The parking company cannot refuse to deal with SAR. They have 30 days so get that off immediately.

Comment

What’s SAR and can that help my case?

Comment

Subject Access Request, get all the documents they have about you. Look to the shortcuts panel to the right (or bottom if on a phone) and read some of the other relevant threads.

Then you can find out why they allege you owe them money

Comment

Okay I will get in contact with them thanks

Comment

It's not a fine, it's an invoice for an alleged breach of contract

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X