• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriarty Law - Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriarty Law - Letter of claim

I received a letter from Moriarty Law stating that they have been instructed to recover £1448.55. This debt is attributed to an energy company who supplied electricity to a property I lived in for a year. Yes it's Spark Energy!

I responded asking for all relevant documents. In return all I have received, is a copy of a final bill which only shows estimated readings and is also clearly inaccurate. The bill states in one section that I used 8000Kw of energy in the last 3 months (estimated) and yet the energy used over the same period the year before was less than a quarter of this. This reading; I assume is actual but was based on someone else's meter readings. Prior to the final bill it states that I was £410 in credit; following the final bill, it shows me being exactly the amount of the alleged debt in arrears!

Can they possibly hope to continue further with this claim with only a highly questionable estimated bill? How should I respond? Ask again for ALL documents or simply request that they cease all correspondence other than to confirm that the matter is closed?
    Tags: None

when was the time you moved out? was it over 12 months ago?

Comment

Yes it was 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        when was the time you moved out? was it over 12 months ago?
        Thanks for your response. Does the fact that I moved out of the property over 12 months ago, negate their case?

Comment

t. The rules fall under what's known as "back-billing". If your supplier is at fault it should not demand payment for unbilled energy used more than 12 months before the error was detected.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X