• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Letter Of Claim BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter Of Claim BW Legal

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Hey Nem, the "statement of account" does but the 2 page credit agreement doesn't nor does it have a signature I've not removed anything and is just as it came
    It Looks like they have just signed a blank agreement so one cannot be sure that it is the one relevant when the account was opened.
    What's on the 2nd page T's & C's?

Do you deny ever placing the orders or receiving the goods Stu?

nem

Comment

I don't ever recall them items, why buy 2 tumble dryers!?! 2 desks all that is on page 2 of the Cca is that page and empty signature nothing on the back ... How might it help Nem and it proves its statue barred ... Doesn't it ??

Thanks Nem

Comment

I don't ever recall them items, why buy 2 tumble dryers!?! 2 desks all that is on page 2 of the Cca is that page and empty signature nothing on the back ... How might it help Nem and it proves its statue barred ... Doesn't it ??

Thanks Nem
        Default 20.07.10 no claim issued SB imo.

nem

Comment

I'd go as far to say it an unfair default date of last payment by their own records 07/2008 and notice of assignment to Lowellin 07/2010 and default date 07/2010 also that's nearly 2 years

Comment

I'd go as far to say it an unfair default date of last payment by their own records 07/2008 and notice of assignment to Lowellin 07/2010 and default date 07/2010 also that's nearly 2 years
            Yes it is an unfair default.

Get a stat barred letter off to BW asap Stu.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem I'll get the letter of to them... Do you think that the docs above regards the Statement of account looks genuine ? And also as there is no name or address and signature on the CCA renders the debt unenforceable in court?

Comment

Thanks Nem I'll get the letter of to them... Do you think that the docs above regards the Statement of account looks genuine ? And also as there is no name or address and signature on the CCA renders the debt unenforceable in court?
                No date, a doubtful signature, no name and address I don't think it complies with a CCA request s a copy or a reconstituted copy of the agreement.

nem

Comment

Apologies Nem, is there a pro's to sending the S/B letter?

as now I know the debt is unenforceable with the paperwork they have sent.. Would it be best to just let it run its course to court rather than the be given further opportunity to supply more bull hash papers..

As I see it and please anybody correct me if I've misunderstood but

Their CCA has no grounds and in no way does it reflect to me personally Ie no name address date
                  the default date was 2 years + after the cause of action (last payment by their own records 19/04/2008)

Thanks for the help and advice.

Comment

Hi Stu

The statements definitely look dodgy to me.

Can you recall ordering or paying for any of the items.

Are you still with the same bank? (2008/9)

Do you have the historic records; if not, you may be able to obtain them. (Banks do hold records for way over 6 years, they're just reluctant to access them. If you tell them you need them for a court case, & you are asking them directly rather than having to obtain 3rd party disclosure through court, they might be more obliging).
                    It does seem odd that the alleged purchases are for 2 driers & 2 desks (I won't 'go there' with the bustier.....:tape.
                    & it certainly seems odd that they have no record of a delivery date for any of the items.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Hi Stu

The statements definitely look dodgy to me. Yeah charity that's what I was thinking.

Can you recall ordering or paying for any of the items. Nope not at all, I don't recognise the items.

Are you still with the same bank? (2008/9) Unfortunately not.

Do you have the historic records; if not, you may be able to obtain them. (Banks do hold records for way over 6 years, they're just reluctant to access them. If you tell them you need them for a court case, & you are asking them directly rather than having to obtain 3rd party disclosure through court, they might be more obliging).
                      It does seem odd that the alleged purchases are for 2 driers & 2 desks (I won't 'go there' with the bustier.....:tape. hahaha
                      & it certainly seems odd that they have no record of a delivery date for any of the items.
                      With the bank thing, it says paid via "bank" but on the box next to it and corresponding dates it says 35p charge for paypoint and 35p for Post office paypoint... confusing to say the least.

Comment

I would write to the solicitors & refer to the recent statements sent. I would say that I can find absolutely no record of making the alleged payments & could they kindly send details of all the payments listed (method of payment, bank references etc) to allow me (you) to make further enquiries.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Morning Charity.. Is it necessary though, In my view they've already lost the case when it goes to court because it's clearly SB

My worry Is if I contact them and note their paperwork is proof of it being S/B they might infact come back with some other paperwork that is not mine, say it is and i'll have to prove otherwise

The way it is as I see it, it goes to court the judge see's last payment 2008 default more than 2 years later.. job done! Or am I missing something?

Comment

SB is final

Comment

Morning Charity.. Is it necessary though, In my view they've already lost the case when it goes to court because it's clearly SB

My worry Is if I contact them and note their paperwork is proof of it being S/B they might infact come back with some other paperwork that is not mine, say it is and i'll have to prove otherwise

The way it is as I see it, it goes to court the judge see's last payment 2008 default more than 2 years later.. job done! Or am I missing something?
                              Good morning, Stu.

You'd have to be prepared to argue the date on which the cause of action accrued. (ie the date the agreement should have been terminated -v- the date it was actually terminated.

It is not as simple as you may think.....see http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...e-Barred-Debts for a discussion.

Also, a 'default' on a CRA file is not proof of default/termination for CCA 1974, it is merely an indication of missed payments.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks Mike I know its SB and is a win in the eyes of the court, Im at this moment trying to type up a letter to point out nems and charitys points I'm just trying to find something on the net about unfair 2 years late default.

As the default was placed on the 19/07/2010 and they started proceeding against me on the 10/05/2016 but last payment was back in 2008 so a very unfair late default.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                                Good morning, Stu.

You'd have to be prepared to argue the date on which the cause of action accrued. (ie the date the agreement should have been terminated -v- the date it was actually terminated.

It is not as simple as you may think.....see http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...e-Barred-Debts for a discussion.

Also, a 'default' on a CRA file is not proof of default/termination for CCA 1974, it is merely an indication of missed payments.
                                Thanks Charity I'll take a look at this now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X