• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**Discontinued** Hoist Portfolio Court Claim. A little hand holding please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Discontinued** Hoist Portfolio Court Claim. A little hand holding please!

I am trying my hand at helping someone who is beside herself with worry having received two Court Claims from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. I will only deal with one here as they are identical.

Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (in Jersey)
    Address to Send documents etc: Howard Cohen & Co (Leeds)
    Ex Barclaycard assigned by MKDP LLP to Hoist
    Default served allegedly
    Issue Date on Court Claim form 15th March 2016 received here on the 17th.

What a very helpful site this is. Having read through quite a number of threads, I'm astonished by the amount of time and assistance from the very helpful LegalBeagles. I only wish all original posters would complete their threads with a conclusion at the end. In fact I think it's rude not to.

Trying not to post repetitive threads, I have followed the 'Basic first steps' given within the site:
    Acknowledged the claim online on the 17th
    CCA request sent to Hoist along with £1 PO
    CPR request sent to Howard Cohen

Please could I have a little hand hold to ensure I don't mess up?
    Today we received the attached from Robinson Way(????). They returned the PO's with no reason why! Also they state 'please accept this letter as agreement to a general extension of time', do I have to do anything on MCOL?

Many thanks in advance.
    CharlieP
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Hoist Portfolio Court Claim. A little hand holding please!

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
    I am trying my hand at helping someone who is beside herself with worry having received two Court Claims from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. I will only deal with one here as they are identical.

Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (in Jersey)
    Address to Send documents etc: Howard Cohen & Co (Leeds)
    Ex Barclaycard assigned by MKDP LLP to Hoist
    Default served allegedly
    Issue Date on Court Claim form 15th March 2016 received here on the 17th.

What a very helpful site this is. Having read through quite a number of threads, I'm astonished by the amount of time and assistance from the very helpful LegalBeagles. I only wish all original posters would complete their threads with a conclusion at the end. In fact I think it's rude not to.

Trying not to post repetitive threads, I have followed the 'Basic first steps' given within the site:
    Acknowledged the claim online on the 17th
    CCA request sent to Hoist along with £1 PO
    CPR request sent to Howard Cohen

Please could I have a little hand hold to ensure I don't mess up?
    Today we received the attached from Robinson Way(????). They returned the PO's with no reason why! Also they state 'please accept this letter as agreement to a general extension of time', do I have to do anything on MCOL?

Many thanks in advance.
    CharlieP
    Good afternoon Charlie,

This seems to a new trend with a number of debt purchasers trying to delay CCA requests.

I would send a Formal CCA request to Cohen
    with the fee and a comment along the lines of.

Sir /Madam,

Please find enclosed herewith a formal request under t.he provisions of sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 together with the £1 statutory fee.
    I made an request on date to your client Hoist which has then passed the request to Robinson Way which has in turn sent the request back to me.

I attach also a copy of the letter from Robinson Way for clarity.

It appears that your client and its agent Robinson Way are deliberately attempting to avoid my lawful request a matter which will be passed to the FCA.

I know expect to receive the requested documents within the statutory timescale of 12 + Working Days.

Failure to comply will be added to my report to the FCA and the conduct of your client will be brought to the notice of the court should this claim reach trial.

Send all by signed for post and check delivery date and signature.

nem

Comment

Oh Nem, that's brilliant thank you. That explains clearly what they're up to.
      I'll crack on with the request to Cohen.

Thank you so much
      CharlieP

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Nem, who do I make the PO out to?
        Thanks CharlieP

Comment

Oh Nem, that's brilliant thank you. That explains clearly what they're up to.
          I'll crack on with the request to Cohen.

Thank you so much
          CharlieP
          Hello Charlie as the claimant desires every thing to go through Cohen the PO can be made out to them.. don't forget to write for statutory fee only on the PO and keep a copy.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, I was a bit too keen and have already sent it to them leaving the crossed £1 PO blank but did write statutory fee only on the front and back

Charlie

Comment

That's fine Charlie!

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Having rread through countless other threads and your well informed replies I am concerned that none of the correspondence we have sent to both Hoist & Cohen have physically been signed but we used a font instead. Have we done wrong and if so what's the best course of action to take if so?

Many thanks as always,
                Charlie

Comment

@nemesis45
                  Hi Nem,

Having rread through countless other threads and your well informed replies I am concerned that none of the correspondence we have sent to both Hoist & Cohen have physically been signed but we used a font instead. Have we done wrong and if so what's the best course of action to take if so?

Many thanks as always,
                  Charlie
                  Hello Charlie.
                  It will much depend on who deals with your requests, jobsworth 1 may send them back whereas jw3 may let it through with digital signature.

nem

Comment

Hello Nem,

Today the attached was received from Robinson Way. I sent the formal CCA request to Cohen as suggested, however the statuary fee has been applied to the account.

I did write 'For Statutory Fee only' on the front and back of the PO. :tinysmile_cry_t:
                    I also attach the letter I sent to them prior.

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated as ever.
                    Thanks,
                    Charlie
                    Attached Files

Comment

@nemesis45

Hello Nem,

Today the attached was received from Robinson Way. I sent the formal CCA request to Cohen as suggested, however the statuary fee has been applied to the account.

I did write 'For Statutory Fee only' on the front and back of the PO. :tinysmile_cry_t:
                      I also attach the letter I sent to them prior.

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated as ever.
                      Thanks,
                      Charlie
                      Hello Charlie,
                      This is disgusting , and very suspicious.

Needs a Formal Complaint To RW and copies of all correspondence from Hoist / Cohen and RW need to be sent with a covering letter to the FCA with a comment on the conduct of all three.
                      The FCA does not respond to individual complaints so this should be sent " For Information".

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        Hello Charlie,
                        This is disgusting , and very suspicious.

Needs a Formal Complaint To RW and copies of all correspondence from Hoist / Cohen and RW need to be sent with a covering letter to the FCA with a comment on the conduct of all three.
                        The FCA does not respond to individual complaints so this should be sent " For Information".

nem
                        @nemesis45

Many thanks Nem. I feel so useless here and hate to ask but how should I word these Formal Complaints? Ideally we would want this payment removed too?

Can't tell you enough how appreciative we are.

Charlie

Comment

@nemesis45

Many thanks Nem. I feel so useless here and hate to ask but how should I word these Formal Complaints? Ideally we would want this payment removed too?

Can't tell you enough how appreciative we are.

Charlie

Ok Charlie,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier called away,

I'm happy to draft a letter (s) for you if you wish.

nem

Comment

Nem, you've got have a life outside of helping us hapless souls!

Yes please if you wouldn't mind - I could never construct anything as eloquently as your good self.
                            Charlie

Comment

@nemesis45
                              Nem, you've got have a life outside of helping us hapless souls!

Yes please if you wouldn't mind - I could never construct anything as eloquently as your good self.
                              Charlie
                              No problem Charlie I have some catching up to do having been called away and need to wind down so will draft tomorrow.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X