• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Setting up a payment plan advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a payment plan advice

My partner won a court case. The debtor wants to set up a payment plan but we're not sure best way to go about it.

He won about £20000 and the court order said it needed to be paid by 14th June 2024.

The defendant has made no attempt to pay or make an offer until now. He wants to pay £400 a month.

My understanding is he should have applied to the court to set up a payment plan using form N245 within 30 days of recieving the CCJ letter. As he didn't can he still apply to the court to set up a payment plan?

My husband is willing to accept a payment plan but wants to do it right. We are worried about working out interest payments or making other mistakes.
    Tags: None

Your partner/husband needs to ensure that all terms are agreed. These should include:

- Precise amounts of payment and exact dates on which each payment is due, for example 24 monthly payments of £100 each the first to be paid on 1 September 2014 and the last on 1 August 2026.

- Interest - amounts/method of calculation and dates on which it is to be paid.

- What happens if any instalment is not paid when due, for eample that the whole outstanding balance becomes immediately due and payable.

Once all terms are agreed, get these written and signed by both parties, I suggest in the form of a consent order that you will ask the court to make.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for your response. Would this be something a solicitor needs to do or could he apply to the court himself? Also does the application to court for a consent order need to be done by us or the defendant or both?

Comment

No need for a solicitor. A consent order can be a joint application - the word consent denotes agreement.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X