• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barrister representing for me and against me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrister representing for me and against me?

Hi
    New to this forum and trying to conclude a case that was a simple loan from a loan shark that due to seriously poor legal representation has cost me nearly £600,000 and destroyed 5 years of my life and everyone and everything around me.
    The Solicitors involved, acting for the claimant, have managed to put a charge against my ex partner’s house, my home, even though she never knew of the loan or signed any agreement.
    She marketed it for sale after a charging order against the property and the Solicitor subsequently applied for an order for sale.
    There have been two hearings.
    The claimant’s evidence bundle demonstrated that the house was already marketed prior to the case.
    The evidence bundle provided two bogus valuations for a rural farmhouse from flat letting agents in a different county. When the agents were contacted they both claimed they had been mislead and both valuations were withdrawn in writing.
    I applied to the Court with an N244 form to attempt to get the case set aside due to the fact it was sale agreed to a cash buyer.
    The Court took my application fee, acknowledged the application and the first hearing proceeded ignoring the application.
    The Judge adjourned the case.
    The claimant insisted on sending Counsel from London (over 200 miles) for this 30 minute directions hearing.
    The second hearing was online. I provided progress with Land Registry searches and documents showing the buyers were keen.
    The Judge adjourned the case again but said that if the sale had not reached exchange by the next hearing, proceedings would follow.
    The 3rd case is this Thursday. The house is sold, the claimant has been paid a further sum exceeding £208,000 and the charge has been satisfied.
    The solicitors are now requesting a further amount, £29,224 for essentially a £332 application and two half hour hearings that were not needed.
    The original case were about a counterclaimed sum of far less than the amount claimed for this simple application.
    Two Judges had already ruled these costs as “totally disproportionate”, but the costs just seem to keep getting upheld and rising.
    The case was needless and has failed.
    What grounds do I have with a defence on this please?
    I would appreciate any help
    many thanks
    Evidence was provided
    Tags: None

Further to my first post, I added the incorrect title to the first question.

My second question relates to the Counsel that represented me.

RS from Exeter was employed by my solicitor to represent me in a litigation case. The case went horribly wrong. On instruction, the solicitor agreed to accept his costs “before, during and if necessary after the conclusion of the case” but was trying to force me to pay a huge 5 figure sum immediately with intimidating threats.

My solicitor took me to Court for fees which I counterclaimed for negligence. I was a litigant in person and my solicitor was represented by my barrister, yep, essentially my barrister represented for me and against me in the same case.

immediately I highlighted this conflict of interest to the Judge but the case continued.

How is this Enigma possible?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X