• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ By lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ By lowells

Hello,
    A ccj has been obtained by lowells finance because of an £180 debt with studio.

Due to Mental illness and other pressures the bill was forgotten. It has now turned into £300 and a ccj issued.

I tried to contact studio but they said too late (more or less!!) account with lowells.

If paid in one month it can be sorted.

Sould my vulnerable situation be taken into account by lowells?

Are the charges put on the debt correct? I mean because of MH / vulnerable status can they keep heaping on charges???

I have to get a debt and mental health evidence form completed by gp/psychiatrist.

I want to pay to have ccj removed and then have debt and MH evidence form sent to lowells over other issues.

​​​​​​I wish to settle original debt, it should have never got here but it has.

Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do with CCJ because I'm lost.

Thank you for your help in advance. SH75

​​​​​​
    Tags: None

to set aside a CCJ would cost £255 note:- if they agreed possibly £100, but if paid off within 28 paid from issue then it comes off register, Des-8

Comment

Thanks for the reply MIKE770, the debt was around £120 it got forgotten to be dealt with on time. Sent to lowells now £300 within a month or a ccj. So £255 to try set it aside is a lot of stress and hassle for an extra £50.

So no choice really but to pay the £300.

Mental health /illness don't count for anything here, does it??
      Should have been defended when we had the chance.

Thank you for your help. SH75

Comment

Unfortunately yes never mind at least it will give peace if mind without the hastle

Comment

Take care

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X