• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court offered a zoom meeting a Judge from the same court then overtruned it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court offered a zoom meeting a Judge from the same court then overtruned it.

I urgently need anyone’s advice or assistance on what options routes or organisations I can approach for help as this is making myself and Son very worried and ill.

I was involved in a civil court case, I lost and they were awarded substantial costs (several thousand pounds), they applied for a N39.
    (
    Form N39: Order to attend court for questioning. Form N39: Order to attend court for questioning).

After telephoning the court I was advised to write in which I did stating due to the pandemic and lockdown I did not feel it safe to attend, the court officers accepted this and I requested some other route for this to be dealt with ie; remotely.

I work from home as a critical worker and I have a disabled Son who has been informed to shied as he is clinically extremely vulnerable, everything is delivered to the house we do not go out.

On receiving the request the court wrote back to say they would grant this and set up a ‘zoom’ type meeting, they also requested a copy the health issues for them and the other party.

My Son has nothing to do with the civil case and everybody medical has stated I cannot provide information to anyone without his permission which he will not nor needs to give.

The court were informed of this and agreed to set up a remote meeting.

Since that time six weeks have gone by and yesterday I received a notice from the court which sates a Judge has re-reviewed the offer of a remote meeting and it is no longer being offered as as I cannot provide a medical reason I have to appear in person even though it was agreed I didn’t have to.

I am rather disgusted and not comfortable with this at all, if I don’t attend they can have the police call to my home and force me to attend.

If I contract this virus or my Son either could be seriously ill or even worse, furthermore if I am ill long term, maybe in hospital who would care for my son, also any agreed payments to the other party would stop so we could end up being evicted over this as the court will not listen or wait and think it is acceptable to make an offer then withdraw it.
    Tags: None

Maybe you should explain to your son the possible consequences if he doesn't consent to you sharing his medical condition with the court? All information will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.

Comment

The problem is that people lie. I am not saying YOU are but people do. You would be surprised how many people do not turn up at court because they "are waiting for the result of a covid test" or have "symptoms of covid". The court is entitled to ask for evidence. If you do not provide it the court has to decide how to proceed. There may be a half way house if you get your family doctor to write saying that your son's condition is such that if you were infected certain consequences would follow (ie not giving away the son's history but saying that you are justified in your fear of attending). The court cannot "trust" everyone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X