• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default CCJ for parking contravention, named as driver but it's not mine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default CCJ for parking contravention, named as driver but it's not mine!

Hi,
    I received a CCJ for a parking charge that wasn't mine.
    About a year ago, I received a parking charge from VCS for a vehicle that wasn't mine (nor was I the driver), in a carpark next to my workplace (I am a company director).
    I foolishly ignored the threats as I thought it was a scam as it was nothing to do with me (despite them having my name and address). I naively thought it would go away as surely the error would be corrected or something. How wrong I was!

Fast forward a year or so later and I come home from working away to find a 'notice of default judgement'. I couldn't believe I have a CCJ. I'm so good with money!

I immediately started researching to find out what exactly is happening and what I could do.
    I submitted a Subject Access Request to the parking company (VCS) with the aim of finding out how I was named as the keeper/driver.

When the SAR arrived, I called the registered keeper named in the documents to ask why he named me as the driver. He said that he didn't and he had no idea what I was talking about.
    I asked him to give VCS the name of the driver and he said that he had no idea who the driver was at the time.

I went through the SAR and discovered the 'Transfer of Liability Submission' form which contained my details i n the 'Liable driver' box.
    In the 'Notifier Details' section was a load of junk including a fake name, address and email.

I have done some digging and found that there is a 'Transfer of Liability Submission' on their website that can be accessed by anyone who has the code from the parking ticket and the car registration (also on the ticket).

My suspicion is that the driver of the vehicle went on and entered my details as the liable party and just filled the other fields with junk.
    I was going through a messy business dispute with two business partners at that time (2018) so I have my suspicions on who this could have been.

I tried to tell VCS what I found and they didnt seem interested. I repeatedly told them I was not the keeper nor driver and they didn't want to know.

I submitted a request to the county court to set the judgement aside and they just havent done it, over a month later, dispite me paying the upfront £255 fee.
    I called them to chase a couple of weeks ago and the clerk said that they had a backlog and it was probably sat on a desk waiting to be processed. This was 2 weeks ago.

I'm now getting letters from bailiffs and I'm scared where this is going. If they don't listen and insist on trespassing on my property I'm afraid I will be left with no option than to physically defend myself and my family.

Thank you for reading and thank you for any help you can provide!
    Tags: None

Can someone please move this thread into the main forum? Put it in the wrong place. thanks

Comment

I know you have contacted the court but could you try again, explain the situation again, and ask they put it in the ultra urgent pile.

Comment

How much was the Judgment for - if under £600 then it would have to be the County Court Bailiff and they are quite amenable as they are salaried employees of HMCTS. If over £600 then that means you will have to take a different approach. As for the Court then as ostell says try them again but there are large backlogs.

Comment

Okay thank you for the advice!
          I will call them in the morning and be more persistent with them.
          The total was originally at about £100 but it's up to around £300 now.

Comment

If you were getting a letter from a Bailiff then it must be headed Notice of Enforcement and give you a date & time by which you must either make payment or reply to them. Most Bailiff co's also have Debt Collecting arms which they rely on to make folks think it has gone further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X