• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot

Considering the amount of time you have been burgering about with these "lovely people" the old SB'd clock must be almost out

Comment

Not far off, CB. It's Scotland remember, so just over a year to go.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

OK, I gave them a ring and spoke to a nice chaqp called Steve, who informed me that he had no objection to me recording the call.

He couldn't, or perhaps wouldn't, be too specific about the interest rate of 12% that Cabot charge. Foolishly, before he stopped being specific enough, he was good enough to tell me that 12% is the standard rate that Cabot apply to interest bearing accounts.

It was only at the point where I asked him if, hypothetically speaking of course, I originally had an agreement where the interest rate was 5%, would Cabot also see fit to apply a rate of 12%.

At which point, he stopped being helpful and said he would have to refer my concerns to the rather spiffing Willem Wellinghoff.

My concerns now being logged by the ever helpful (ish) Steve as an official complaint, with Cabot aiming to provide a final response within 10 days.

How very nice of them.

I'll hold off on my letter until I get that response, since the 8 week clock is ticking once again.
        My Blog

Comment

Tickety tock then rofl.

Comment

SAR time again. This should be interesting. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Data Controller
            Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited
            1 Kings Hill Avenue
            Kings Hill
            West Malling
            Kent ME19 4UA

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXX

STATUTORY ACCESS REQUEST UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
            1. I formally request that you forward me a true record of any and all Data held by your organisation relating to myself. This must include, but is not limited to, all communications between me and your Group of companies, including letters, emails, transcripts of any recorded telephone conversations, notes of any kind, whether written or stored on electronic media.
            2. I also require any Data of a personally identifiable nature that may have taken place between your Group of companies and any third party, in which I am a subject.
            3. I also wish you to include any interdepartmental memos, emails or any other form of internal communication, where I am personally identified as the subject.
            4. For the avoidance of doubt, you should know that I am more than well aware that I have been the subject of such communication within your company, particularly with regard to events relating to postings on various websites and forums, including, but not limited to, my domain at coveritup.co.uk. I must insist that where those communications refer to me by my online persona, Seahorse, you will also include that Data when compiling the Data in response to this request.
            I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days from receipt of this request in which to return to me the information requested, securely and in legible condition. Please note that, failure to comply within the prescribed timescale will leave me with no other option than to refer the matter directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office without further warning.
            My Blog

Comment

Just thought I'd let Willem know it's on its way...

Hi Willem

Just a heads up. This is winging its way to you today with a £10 postal order. You might like to ask your staff to cull another rainforest for me please.

By the way, | am still waiting to hear from you regarding the 12% interest nonsense that you are attempting to apply on this disputed account. The very nice Steve that answered the phone said you would be dealing with it since he logged the call as an official complaint. He does seem to have a very nice telephone manner. Not at all like some of the cretins I have had to talk to in the past. Your training methods must be improving no end. Hats off to Ken and his Team for their sterling efforts there.

Have a Nice Weekend.

Luggerbugs
              My Blog

Comment

Pmsl

Comment

OK, SAR received. With some rather juicy bits. For a start, I came across the following in my Action History Print, so I now know why Willem hasn’t been returning my calls…

Information – tt WW – adv case is in hands of solicitors and not to respond.

Oookaaayyyy… so hoping they were about to take me to court, I’ve just phoned Willem, and been advised he is unavailable. All day. And tomorrow. And possibly next week as well. LOLOLOL

So. The ever helpful Steve (remember him from a couple of posts ago?) says can he put me on hold while he talks to Will, errmm, a colleague? And comes back to tell me that no, it isn’t yet with their solicitors, merely that the file has been passed to them for reference.

BUT. He did say that should I wish to finally settle this, they would be in a position to offer me a very substantial discount.

To which I replied WHOA. STOP right there. Unless you’re in a position to negotiate other conditions Stevie boy, I’m agreeing to NOTHING, but I’m not totally opposed to the idea. I would need to talk it over with Willem first.

So he says he’ll ask him to call me back. I says I won’t be holding my breath.

What else? Oh, aye. A wee note to say no Termination Notice was ever issued by Barclaycard.

Oh, and they have managed to get BC to find some other info such as statements and default notices etc. Strange, cos BC couldn't find them for me when I SAR'd THEM many moons ago.
                  My Blog

Comment

So - what happened in the end? I have a Cabot thing started too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X