• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Little Advice for a Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Little Advice for a Newbie

Have a look at Section Nine beginning on page 28 and see what you can pick out to form a letter. I would imagine there will be a fair bit you can use, particularly in the situation leding up to your difficulties where they're supposed to be proactive in stopping things getting worse.

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...endingcode.pdf

Comment

I am sending Cabot the prove it letter asking for proof of assignment will post what replies I get as I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by letzhaveit View Post
        I am sending Cabot the prove it letter asking for proof of assignment will post what replies I get as I get them.
        And?

Comment

I have sent them a prove it letter for the credit card and got a letter from the DCA saying that they where handing the file back until cabot have the requested paperwork, so just waiting to see what happens, but as of yet nothing.

As for the Bank Account they have sent a statement and I am trying to come to some arrangement over the fact there are a lot of over the top banks charges in the final sum so just trying to get them removed lot of letters back and forward will post some details when I have a completed out come.

Comment

Just an update

I have so far been dealing with Clarity, then Fire, then Cabot, then Fire and now I have got a letter of Ruthbridge here is my reply to them, also would like to thank labman who has been helping me with the letter writing.

letter:-

I am writing is response to your letter 02/04/2012. This matter is now causing me considerable frustration.

I was initially contacted by a Company called Clarity in May 2011. After phoning them on 2/6/2011 asking for more information, I received nothing until they phoned on the 25/7/2011. I again asked them for more information with regards this debt.

Again I received nothing until 08/08/2011 when I received another template letter demanding payment. I wrote to them this time on the 16/08/2011 asking for more information or a statement.
            Yet again I received nothing from them until 19/08/2011, when yet again I received a demand for the money.

On the 09/09/2011 I received a letter from FIRE demanding the money. I was a bit confused as I had been dealing with Clarity over this matter, but none the less I wrote to FIRE on 13/09/2011 and explained this. Also I offered £100 just to try and end this matter.

Again there was no reply. Another letter, dated 27/11/2011, was sent asking for a full statement of the account and I also included £1 postal order to cover this.

I then received a letter from Cabot on 13/12/2011 asking me to contact their Collections Department. Yet again I wrote requesting a statement and further information. In the meantime I received a letter from FIRE on 28/12/2011 asking for a Reasonable Offer.

Finally on 03/01/2012 I received from Cabot the statement of the account. I reviewed the statement and wrote a letter to Cabot on the 25/01/2012 offering £200, a sum I considered fair. Cabot responded on 02/02/2012 declining the offer and informing me that I should be dealing with FIRE with regards this matter.

On the 20/02/2012 I received another demand from FIRE so I wrote to them on 27/02/2012 making the same offer of £200. Yet again I got no reply.

All of my correspondence has been posted recorded delivery and I have checked on the Royal Mail website and all had been signed for.

I am getting incredibly frustrated by the total failure of the various DCA’s to communicate with me. I have offered what I consider to be a fair payment, yet not one DCA has yet provided any meaningful dialogue regarding this offer. I now find myself writing yet again, this time to you. I am rather hoping that you might actually respond to me. Should you fail to respond to this initial letter, I must advise that, given the history of this debt, I shall not correspond further with you.

In February 2007 I fell into severe financial hardship and was evicted from where I was living. I had to rely on friend’s good will to allow me to stay with them. My bank balance at the time was just £166.42 O/D. For a full year after charges on top of charges were applied to my account. I was completely oblivious to this as all letters would have been returned to the sender. By the end of the year this had added an incredible £1009.28 to the existing balance.

I refer you to the Lending Code which clearly states that creditors should not take actions which unnecessarily increase the indebtedness of the debtor. Section Nine in its entirety refers to how banks should conduct themselves when dealing with customers in my situation. It seems to me Lloyds TSB have failed in their obligation under this code, and the previously existing Banking Code. I believe these charges to be unfair, and the resulting balance to be totally disproportionate to the size of the original debt.

I am prepared to offer you £200 in full and final settlement of this debt on the condition that it is written off entirely, the balance reduced to zero and no outstanding balance able to be sold on later to a third party. Further I would want my credit reference file marked as satisfied in full and any other negative entries to be removed.

If you do not feel able to accept this offer, I shall report you to the Financial Services Ombudsman in order that he can adjudicate on the case.

I answered the phone the other day and it was Ruthbridge normally I tell them to converse in writing but know this is getting long in the tooth I decided to speak with them to see what they had to say and he offered to take 25% off so I told him the details and he has now gone off to speak to Cabot about it.....

So looks like another DCA will get this debt to try.
            Last edited by letzhaveit; 23rd April 2012, 12:36:PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

I think the morons you deal with are programmed only for full payment they lack a simple degree of common sense over debt matters maybe they tink you can get blood out of a stone

Comment

Are you aware that Cabot and Fire "share" the same offices, some one told me they are one and the same.
                Can any one else confirm?
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I was aware of that and after trying to come to an agreement with Cabot then in the end told me to deal with fire then passed the debt to ruthbridge.

I think my offer of 200 quid is fare but how much do the dca's make from the debt because are they not negotiating because they will not get much.

Has anybody had any luck with a debt like this

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    I think the morons you deal with are programmed only for full payment they lack a simple degree of common sense over debt matters maybe they tink you can get blood out of a stone
                    If they get payment in full, they get a bonus or a tasty food pellet reward dropped into their Skinner cage.

Comment

Just to updated this thread, With regards to the Credit Card Debt I sent a prove it letter and never heard anything since which is well over a year, with reagrds the Bank Debt this was passed to about 6 different DCA's and I made offers to each of these with a fair amount but each time it just got passed to the next one and ended up with Ruthbridge who after making them an offer have never reply and have now not heard anything about this debit now for over 8 Months...

Crazy really as they could have taken my offer and they would of had some money, as it stands I have not had to pay a penny.

And Thanks to Labman for his help with this matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X