• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sains / Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sains / Cabot

Hi, I have now received a 2nd letter from Cabot asking me to contact them urgently as they have purchased my Sainsburys debt.

I sent a CCA request to Sainsburys a couple of years ago and the advice I received was that eveything was in order with the documentation.

Shall I just contact Cabot and try to set up the same arrangement or is it worth another CCA request to them? If they can easily produce the agreement via the OC then I don't really want to aggravate them from the start.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Sains / Cabot

Have you received a Notice of Assignment for this alleged debt from Sainsburys. How do you know Cabot has any lawful right to ask you for anything? Have you seen the agreement to check if it is lawful? Are the Terms and Conditions correct and do the statements show a correct balance? Would you pay me just because I said you owe me money without checking my lawful right to it? Snakes like Cabot are dependent on people just accepting what they ask for without proof of debt and they will add unlawful charges and costs if they can get away with it. Send them a CCA request and check everything is in order - don't just accept their word for it.

Comment

A couple of months ago I received 2 letters in 1 envelope from Cabot and the OC advising me of selling the debt etc. I think it is just a photocopy type letter from the OC. I have had no other correspondence until 2 days ago asking me to contact them urgently.

I did request the CCA and I think it was checked on this site and I was advised that it was enforceable.

Thanks.

Comment

If you are sure the agreement was checked, make sure the statements are correct and that Cabot haven't added anything they shouldn't. Don't speak to them on the phone - they will only bully you into paying more than you can afford. You decide what to pay. not them. If they call you, tell them to put everything in writing and hang up. D0 not be afraid of them. They have no power over you whatsoever.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...242#post131242

Hi, this is my original post nearly a couple of years ago when I received the advice that the agreement was enforceable. Is there any chance that someone can double check that this is the case before I reply to Cabot.
          Many Thanks.

Comment

It has the prescribed terms and your signature - this would probably be enforced in court. As I said, you decide what you can afford.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X