• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays & Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays & Cabot

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and not sure how and where to start. I had an a/c with Barclay with overdraft facility and ran into financial difficulties and the account was closed in 2007. Until last month, cabot acquired the debt and wrote to me demanding for the outstanding balance. It is mainly made up of charges and interest. The problem I am having now is how to go about. I wrote to Barclay requesting for a copy of CCA but they replied that that a current account does not required a CCA.
    I want to but have not responded to Cabot and not sure on how to go about.
    I read on some threads how DCA are treating people and it sound very scaring.
    Any advice and guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays & Cabot

Hi all,
    Can someone please advice me on the above?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Thandabird View Post
      Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and not sure how and where to start. I had an a/c with Barclay with overdraft facility and ran into financial difficulties and the account was closed in 2007. Until last month, cabot acquired the debt and wrote to me demanding for the outstanding balance. It is mainly made up of charges and interest. The problem I am having now is how to go about. I wrote to Barclay requesting for a copy of CCA but they replied that that a current account does not required a CCA.
      I want to but have not responded to Cabot and not sure on how to go about.
      I read on some threads how DCA are treating people and it sound very scaring.
      Any advice and guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks
      Make a full Subject Access Request to Barclays.

Also, write to Cabot, informing them that you have requested information from their client: Barclays.
      head up you letter "Account in Dispute"!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        Make a full Subject Access Request to Barclays.

Also, write to Cabot, informing them that you have requested information from their client: Barclays.
        head up you letter "Account in Dispute"!
        Hi and thanks Angry Cat.
        I will do that and keep the forum posted.
        Is there any template I can use please?
        Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X