• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

recon agreement from cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recon agreement from cabot

Hi guys, a letter popped through the door this morning from cabot with what they say is a reconstituted credit agreement, they have sent a very small photocopied agreement (hardly readable) with no address, dates or signature, there is also a badly copied 'conditions of use, which forms part of the agreement (half of it is upside down!!!) all the payments seem to be there on 4 pages though....one sheet just has a box saying 'once you sign this agreement you will for a short time a right to cancel'

I am a bit confused and need some help as i dont have a clue what i am looking at!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: recon agreement from cabot

Originally posted by barney47 View Post
    Hi guys, a letter popped through the door this morning from cabot with what they say is a reconstituted credit agreement, they have sent a very small photocopied agreement (hardly readable) with no address, dates or signature, there is also a badly copied 'conditions of use, which forms part of the agreement (half of it is upside down!!!) all the payments seem to be there on 4 pages though....one sheet just has a box saying 'once you sign this agreement you will for a short time a right to cancel'

I am a bit confused and need some help as i dont have a clue what i am looking at!!!!

For a start why not upload minus any of your personal details for peeps to see how bad it is??:okay:

Comment

As you can see or not as the case may be there is no date, sig, or address

Last edited by barney47; 1st May 2011, 15:01:PM.

Comment

Well without your signature there is no real proof that you saw or agreed to or signed such a contract. Without a lot more convincing I don't think a court could enforce that.

Did you get a Default Notice at any time?

You need to take care what you write to BC. You have admitted here you "don't have a clue", you don't want BC to know that!!
        They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

I thought that the signature didn't have to be included after the Manchester case, but it HAD to have your name and address at the time of the agreement. This is one of the issues I am having with Cabot about Monument and MBNA.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
            I thought that the signature didn't have to be included after the Manchester case, but it HAD to have your name and address at the time of the agreement. This is one of the issues I am having with Cabot about Monument and MBNA.
            A signature doesn't need to be included for a response to a section 78 request, that is a request for information purposes. But:

In order to satisfy section 61 (that the agreement was properly executed) a creditor has to show that a compliant agreement (i.e. a document containing all the required terms) was signed by the debtor. The requirement to satisfy s61 was suggested by HHJ Waksman at para 173 of his judgment.

Also he stated at para 108 of his judgment that when an agreement has been varied (and most agreements more than a few years old will have been) "I conclude that Reg. 7 [of the Cancellation Regulations 1983] requires a copy of the executed agreement in its original form...".
            They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Well cabot sent me another copy which is a bit better so I am continuing with payment for this account with a view to a F+F in a couple of months.

I have another account with Cabot for £9000 which I sent a CCA request to them on the 7th March 2011, they have sent 3 letters back saying its taking some time blah blah but I have heard nothing for 2 months now, I am still paying them each month!!!

Should I sent them a request under CPUTR 2008 to confirm whether they are in posession of the original CA relating to this account?

Should I continue to pay them?

HELP!!!

P.S I hope CB can answer this for me!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by barney47; 10th July 2011, 19:35:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
                In order to satisfy section 61 (that the agreement was properly executed) a creditor has to show that a compliant agreement (i.e. a document containing all the required terms) was signed by the debtor.
                ...so, is it possible to request CCA copies under s61, instead of s77/78 as has been done so far...?

Apologies for my "ignorance", but I trying to learn from asking questions...:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

(Please also do look at my post and do not hesitate to advise!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X