• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mackenzie/cabot again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mackenzie/cabot again

MMmmmmm.....that intruder looks tasty.......

"Today's special:"

DCA delight.
    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

the incompetency starts...

recieved automated phone call today to call them back (on my phone bill !) so called them only to be told by another automaton that their offices are closed...

says it all really dont it

Comment

Originally posted by midlands-nick View Post
        the dane is very possessive of the house..

140 pound of hound.. and at least 5 pound of that is teeth I would think

Hey, Ben, you still got this to hand? looks like mckenzie hall could make use of it

Comment

well i stand to be corrected- but if the debt was statute barred- and mucky hall tricked you into a payment after it became SB you WILL be able to sue for its return- however due to the sum involved it just aint worth it (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by diddydicky View Post
            well i stand to be corrected- but if the debt was statute barred- and mucky hall tricked you into a payment after it became SB you WILL be able to sue for its return- however due to the sum involved it just aint worth it (IMO)
            You could try, but just because a debt is SB'd doesn't mean it ceases to exist or is void.
            It simply means that the pursuer cannot take legal recovery action. They can still make demands for repayment, although they should cease once you point out the legal status of it.

You can still repay the debt for as long as you wish.

Comment

had an email today from Meckenzie hall APOLOGISING to me..

due to "an internal error" they had marked my account as active still but on checking back through their records they have found that a settlement was agreed and paid the same day so the case is now marked as closed... end of story it would seem

I cant thank you guys enough for the moral support this forum provided during what was a scary time for me as my legal knowledge is poopants to be honest..

hope you all have a fantastic 2011

Nick

(yes have sent the email to a few people incase it gets lost on this machine)

Comment

Well that's good to hear Nick, although not so much fun

Comment

no I know... but... any of you any good on emplyment law?

partner just been told by her boss hes not willing to make her redundant but owes her 5 weeks wages.. and has no cash to pay her.

Comment

Congratulations with Muckie Hall-are they going to pay your payments back to you? The reason that I ask is that I was tricked into paying CapQuest some monthly amounts, before I realized that they should not have asked for the money, since there was a prior dispute with the OC (Egg), who had taken me to the county court whilst I was working abroad and the county court judgement was subsequently set aside. I thought I would be entitled to a refund, but on here I was advised that it was very rare for payments to be recovered.

On the issue of employment law, there is a s separate area on here that deals with employment, so I suggest that you open a thread on there.

Once more, well done on the outcome of your DCA issue.
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X