• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please, CIti/Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, CIti/Cabot

Hi All,

I decided to do a new thread as pretty desperate for some information. Here are the questions...

1. Is Cabot LEGALLY allowed to demand payments from me even though they have not supplied me with a CCA? ( Yes, they have bought the debt from Citi, but NOA was fake).

2. When I signed up with Cabot on line offering £1 a month, have I acknowledged the debt to THEM?

3. Can I just start paying Citi again, as I have theiir sort code, account number etc? ( I did a SAR and CCA to Citi last year also, already have a default on CF from them).

Basically, Want to clear the debt, but not with Cabot as they are adding alot of interest on top and this was frozen with Citi.

Thanks

Tya

Re: Help please, CIti/Cabot

All in all YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      All in all YES.
      At last, thanks Curly.

Final question, if I start paying Citi, will the debt go back to Citi and hopefully ( yes I know wishful thinking) Cabot will leave me alone as I will be paying Citi?

Comment

Maybe.
        Citi may ignore your payments, bacause, as far as they are concerned, the debt has been "sold" to Cabot.

Anythings worth a try.
        Might even be worth attempting an F&F directly with Citi for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          Maybe.
          Citi may ignore your payments, bacause, as far as they are concerned, the debt has been "sold" to Cabot.

Anythings worth a try.
          Might even be worth attempting an F&F directly with Citi for this.
          Ok, sorry if I seem abit dim, but is F & F a full and final settlement? I'm not in the position to do this. But surely the payments going into their account is better for them? Or should I call them? Write?

Comment

Yes it is full and final settlement. If your situation is bad enough, worth doing an IE sheet, posting it on here for comments. If you can demonstrate hardship or sufficient hardship you can send a letter asking if they would freeze the interest. Worth a try and the 41p for a stamp.

Comment

Am I losing the plot here? Isn't there already a thread about this and haven't you already done an IE sheet and posted it up? In fact wasn't it Caspar who suggested it and commented on it? Having more than one thread on the go just confuses matters and could end up with important stuff being missed/ignored/posted on the wrong thread, so could we stick to one please:tinysmile_grin_t:
              Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                Am I losing the plot here? Isn't there already a thread about this and haven't you already done an IE sheet and posted it up? In fact wasn't it Caspar who suggested it and commented on it? Having more than one thread on the go just confuses matters and could end up with important stuff being missed/ignored/posted on the wrong thread, so could we stick to one please:tinysmile_grin_t:
                I did this thread as I asked for some info, and I didn't get the answers I needed...

Thats why I started this one.

Finally, I did receive the info requested.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X