• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot

Hi everyone,

New here and first post so hope someone can help with an answer please,

I have had a payment plan for a nominal mutually agreed amount which has been being paid monthly for around 15 years now and Cabot is now bombarding me with phone calls, text messages and letters saying they need to ‘update my circumstances’
    I have never missed a payment and my circumstances are far worse now than they were at the time of them taking on my debt recovery.

I just need some reassurance please that I don’t have/need to do anything, I really feel they are at the point of harassment for no reason.

Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi Seashell62 - did you ever find a solution/receive a reply to this? These circumstances are identical to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernestolive View Post
      Hi Seashell62 - did you ever find a solution/receive a reply to this? These circumstances are identical to mine.
      Can you please start your own thread.

Comment

Hi Seashell62

Welcome to LB

Firstly try not to worry.

All you need to do is fill in an Income and Expenditure form.
        Remember a Court will only order you to pay what you can afford, so if that's £1 a month, so be it.
        When filling in the I & F take into account the 'cost of living' crisis energy, food etc. Don't commit to
        paying more then you can, you don't want to find 'energy' has gone up and you have no 'buffer'.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Send the following 2 letters with the I & E., one regarding payments (state your personal circumstances e.g. health, job etc and the harassment. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

You can amend the following letter to suit you circumstances, but keep it factual.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...itor---letter/

https://moneynerd.co.uk/creditor-harassment-letter/

Comment

Hi and thank you so much for the reply.

They seem to have ceased with the phone calls/letters etc just now but I will most definitely do as you have suggested so I can update everything.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Hi again

seems I spoke too soon, I have now had a text message saying that ‘Orbit’ will visit my home! I’m mortified truly, my ‘debt’ is approximately £1,900 and a payment plan of £1 a month was set up over 15 years ago and payment has never been missed, I suppose my question is again (sorry) can they request an update of my financial situation even though this was agreed years ago? and I’m sadly not in any position to increase anything.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seashell62 View Post
              Hi again

seems I spoke too soon, I have now had a text message saying that ‘Orbit’ will visit my home! I’m mortified truly, my ‘debt’ is approximately £1,900 and a payment plan of £1 a month was set up over 15 years ago and payment has never been missed, I suppose my question is again (sorry) can they request an update of my financial situation even though this was agreed years ago? and I’m sadly not in any position to increase anything.

Many thanks
              They can ask, but you need to do is fill in the I & E form. Remember to take account of the 'Cost of Living' crisis.

Amend the following letter, print it out, put it in an envelope, keep it by the door, if Orbit visit hand it to the Orbit Representative. You can also email it to Orbit.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...sment-warning/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X