• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Debt Unenforceable but taking me to court to throw out my defense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry its took so long to get back, i was waiting on copy of my defense
    ok finally got my original defence, first part is missing im sure it basically says i received a claim in the county court
    i will post scans below,

in court i guess i will have the chance to speak and point out the mistakes and maybe other iregularities you have pointed out above?
    Should i have submitted another defense or wait till i go to court?

i have also scanned the credit agreement again its clearer it mentions a credit limit of 400.00 it says the agreement is valid for 12 months i believ, not sure if thats relevant.
    the agreement mentions apr but i know as well from the statement the credit limit must have been higher as it shows goods being purchased with over 1000 pound debt.
    yes theres no address on the cabot assignment letter but it says it came with a cabot letter ive also scanned the first page of this
    i never recieved a default letter even though there screen print out says 3 have been sent on diffferent dates.

I look forward to and appreciate any advice given thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	def1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1673884Click image for larger version

Name:	def2.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1673880Click image for larger version

Name:	assignmnet.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1673885Click image for larger version

Name:	assignment lettercabot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1673886Click image for larger version

Name:	credagre1.jpg
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1673882Click image for larger version

Name:	credagree2.jpg
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1673883

Attached Files

Comment

sorry the site limits my images size if you need to see anything clearer i could maybe email or message them to you.
      Last edited by mrmonkey; 8th April 2024, 14:43:PM.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Did you get a copy of the Claimant's Application?
          No the only application i recieved was when the court sent me the notice of hearingwith there witness statment and the above proof.

Comment

a) ok finally got my original defence, first part is missing im sure it basically says i received a claim in the county court
            i will post scans below,

So you've filed a standard defence, which is good.

b) in court i guess i will have the chance to speak and point out the mistakes and maybe other iregularities you have pointed out above?
            Should i have submitted another defense or wait till i go to court?

Yes, that's correct.

c) i have also scanned the credit agreement again its clearer it mentions a credit limit of 400.00 it says the agreement is valid for 12 months i believ, not sure if thats relevant.
            the agreement mentions apr but i know as well from the statement the credit limit must have been higher as it shows goods being purchased with over 1000 pound debt.

So it sounds like the credit agreement was 'varied' because the credit limit has gone up, did you agree to the increase?
            The APR may have gone up too, check APR in the statements you have.

d) yes theres no address on the cabot assignment letter but it says it came with a cabot letter ive also scanned the first page of this
            i never recieved a default letter even though there screen print out says 3 have been sent on diffferent dates.

The assignment letter should have an address, you should have received a default notice. You've put that in your defence.

e) No the only application i recieved was when the court sent me the notice of hearingwith there witness statment and the above proof.

(I haven't looked at the documents you've posted, depending on answer, you need to do a Witness Statement)

When is the Hearing?

Comment

When is the Hearing?

[/QUOTE]

Monday the 15th so a week away.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmonkey View Post

When is the Hearing?
                Monday the 15th so a week away.[/QUOTE]

So when were Witness Statements meant to be exchanged? Normally they state 14 days before the Hearing.

Here is an example Witness Statement, you need to work fast.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ess-statement/

Courts don't take kindly to parties not following Court Orders / Directions.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Monday the 15th so a week away.
                  So when were Witness Statements meant to be exchanged? Normally they state 14 days before the Hearing.

Here is an example Witness Statement, you need to work fast.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ess-statement/

Courts don't take kindly to parties not following Court Orders / Directions.

[/QUOTE]

? i did not know about witness statements ihave not seen anything regarding this.

Comment

im now in panic mode, the claim i got just said i had a hearing, it didnt say i had to make a witness statement, it just gave a hearing date, i have to work nights now, will try and look at it after work see if ive missed anything about a witness statement in the court letter or some part of the letter thats got seperated.

Comment

im now in panic mode, the claim i got just said i had a hearing, it didnt say i had to make a witness statement, it just gave a hearing date, i have to work nights now, will try and look at it after work see if ive missed anything about a witness statement in the court letter or some part of the letter thats got seperated.
                      Don't panic, just get the Witness Statement done, a copy to the Court and a copy to the Creditor, see if you can email it to both.

Update as soon as you've read details of the Court Order. You really need to get the Witness Statement to the Court by Thursday.

The Creditor has sent there Witness Statement so you should have done the same.

Comment

i havent got a court order its a notice of hearing of apllication i recieved after these tranfer letters
                        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1666238
                        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1666236
                        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1666237

Attached Files

Comment

thaks for your help so far. I have to leave for work i can physically take to court on the Thursday .

Comment

thaks for your help so far. I have to leave for work i can physically take to court on the Thursday .
                            Don't do a Witness Statement, do a skeleton argument instead, but you really need to get it emailed to the Court before the Hearing.

Posted for information only - https://hallellis.co.uk/write-skeleton-argument/

Comment

Ok thanks i see it makes sense with the time frame etc but tbh i find the whole thing confusing im reading the skeleton arguyment how its set out etc and im feeling like the templates dont match what i want

Comment

Ok thanks i see it makes sense with the time frame etc but tbh i find the whole thing confusing im reading the skeleton arguyment how its set out etc and im feeling like the templates dont match what i want
                                O.K., all the headings in the template / example don't apply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X