• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke Warrant of Control

Hi

Please could anyone offer any advise? I received a CCJ in 2016 for an unpaid capital one credit card. I had no knowledge of this at the time and only realised a few years later when I checked my credit file. The CCJ says Cabot Financial are owed £1976, I was hoping it would clear from my credit file in June this year when the 6 years is up. However, this morning I have received a letter from Mortimer Clarke stating that I need to pay within 21 days or they will issue a Warrant of Control. Is this something that can be issues so close to the 6 year mark? Should I respond to it or will it start another 6 year process?
    any help would be much appreciated
    thank you

Tags: None

CCJ stays in force. It doesn't go away.

Comment

Apply to suspend the warrant of control

You can stop a bailiff from trying to take control of your possessions by suspending the warrant of control. You will need to apply on form N245 which is available from your local county court hearing centre. The court cannot refuse to accept the application just because the bailiff has not yet visited or managed to get in. However, the bailiff can continue to call round until the court agrees to suspend the warrant.

Have they tried to enforce in the last 6 years???

Comment

Good Information.

Comment

No they haven’t tried to enforce anything at all. This is the first time I’ve heard from them. That’s why I was expecting it to go away in June. Should I arrange a payment plan with them or will that stay on my file for a further 6 years?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X