• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legality of CCJ obtained by Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legality of CCJ obtained by Cabot

It has come to my attention that the entire time Cabot was chasing me, Cabot was using headed paper with Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. However, the Court papers refer to the Claimant as Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

I have checked on Companies House, and Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited and Cabot Financial (UK) Limited are registered as individual companies, although both operate as representatives of Cabot Credit Management Group Limited.

I stand to be corrected, but surely as it was Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited who were corresponding with me and telling me that they had purchased the debt, then the Court papers should have stated Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited as the Claimant and not Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, remembering the two companies are two separate legal entities. I wonder if this was a typo on Mortimer Clarkes (Cabot's lawyers) part, and no one picked up the error. The CCJ is satisfied, but I am looking to see if I can get the CCJ removed from my credit file.
    Tags: None

I think you are clutching at straws, even if there was an error and you were successful in getting the now satisfied CCJ removed, they would just reissue using the correct name and the process would start all over again. Is it really worth the hassle?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
      I think you are clutching at straws, even if there was an error and you were successful in getting the now satisfied CCJ removed, they would just reissue using the correct name and the process would start all over again. Is it really worth the hassle?
      I do not believe it would be as simplistic as changing the Claimants name on the Courts documentation and record. It's not just a correction due to a spelling mistake or a Trading As name instead of the company registered name; it's a change of Claimant.

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited and Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited are registered at Companies House as separate companies. The way I see it, and this is where I stand to be corrected; the debt was not with Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, and therefore what right did they have to take me to Court for a debt over which, on the face of it they had no legal entitlement to.

Comment

I though Cabot financial uk we’re not registered with the FCA so can’t legally chase consumer debt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X