• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke/Cabot response to defence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke/Cabot response to defence.

I received a claim from MC re a cabot debt (formerly with Aqua) in Oct 2020, i filed a defence in November 2020, stating I had no knowledge of debt. Recently received a letter stating that it has taken some time for them to get the information, about 12 months, and all the statements that were originally sent the default was around 2017. I am not sure how to proceed. Can I still be taken to court?
    Any help or advise gratefully received.
    Tags: None

When you say you filed a Defence, do you mean for a claim from the county court? I think the answer is no and you just responded to them.

Comment

Yes,, I filed a defence with Moneyclaim online, and its taken them a year to get back to me, they haven't updated the claim online though..

Comment

case parked up (STAYED) then by the sounds of it., up to them to action if ever? do not contact them! their problem with paperwork no doubt.
        Last edited by MIKE770; 11th November 2021, 10:50:AM.

Comment

Thanks , will wait to see what ensues.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X