• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ debt sold to Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ debt sold to Cabot

Hi,
    I have had my head in the sand regarding an old credit card debt with the Co-op. It has been passed to various debt collectors, of which Cabot was one and I did start paying monthly sums to them, probably back in 2013/14.

The debt was then passed on to another company and I just ignored their letters, eventually a CCJ was awarded against me in Nov 2015 which I completely ignored. It is for about £8000.

I have recently been contacted by Cabot again regarding this debt but they have not mentioned the CCJ at all? Can they buy debts with CCJ’s attached?

They are now threatening to send resolve call round to visit me if I do not respond.

Any advice would be gratefully welcomed

Tags: None

Yes they can buy debts with a ccs attached but they would need to apply to the court for their name to be added . Do you know who the claimant on the ccj was? Could it have been Cabot using a firm of solicitors such as Restons?

Cabot have many different trading styles

If Cabot have the ccs they can apply for enforcement and if you have assets you could be in trouble however 6 years after a ccs is awarded they would have to ask the court for permission and explain why no action was taken before.

Comment

CCJ debt sold to Cabot, Not easy for me to understand the data that i see here. I want to read something perfect like all of that thing which is possible to see thesis writing help. Here i just show those things for which i pay here.

Comment

CCJs if not actioned within 6 year period then they could apply to court to deal with BUT would need a very good excuse as to why no action within that period, and convince a judge as to the reason (most know they will not get such without good reason),

something going on with DCAs at present as they must be running out of money?? and chasing in the hope people have no knowledge of the system in courts , many car park chasing companies have emerged as well as they must be in trouble due to COVID19 and so called income problems.

If cabot has not mentioned the debt do not remind them! see what action if any they take next and report back here, sure others will respond also??

Comment

Sorting things according to our own demands is always better but to change them is not easy for those who don't know how to start sorting when we know all and here I want to know more https://budgiebasics.com/ options which we are waiting to choose.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X