• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Nolans (Scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Nolans (Scotland)

Hi, tried to find some guidance of what to do next in other posts, but no luck.

Have received a few letters from Nolans regarding an old credit card debt of c£5,200 bought by Cabot.

Made a CCA request and have received some documents back from them, but not sure if it is correct (the statement was only for the last 12 months of the account, for example, not sure if they should have sent every statement?)

I have made a full and final settlement offer of £1,250 which was rejected and am realistically looking at offering a monthly payment of £30-50. Is this likely to be accepted? Are there any other avenues I can try?

I will try to find a way to scan, redact and post the documents they sent in response to my CCA request (but I am not technically gifted!).

Thank you for any help in the meantime.
    Tags: None

When you say old how old is old? More than5 and it is statute barred. But you seem to have restarted the clock

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      When you say old how old is old? More than 5 and it is statute barred. But you seem to have restarted the clock
      Not that old, took out in 2010, but last payment was 2017.

Comment

I think I've managed to upload the documents Nolans sent me.

The statements they sent were those from January 2017 to July 2017 inclusive; there were no payments showing on any of these.

Any advice or guidance you can give will be greatly appreciated. I would be keen to make another full and final offer, but not sure what level they are likely to accept. The offer I did make was rejected within a couple of days.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hsbc sell to Cabot_.pdf Copy default.pdf Hsbc agreement.pdf Cabot bought.pdf
        Attached Files

Comment

It would be very interesting to see all of the statements to see what charges they have imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottishSolicitor View Post
            It would be very interesting to see all of the statements to see what charges they have imposed.

From memory (I'll check) the first few had missed payment AND returned direct debit at £12 each and the later few had missed payment at £12. Should they have sent ALL statements rather than just six months' worth?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X