• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim from CABOT Financial UK Ltd. being represented by Shoosmiths Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim from CABOT Financial UK Ltd. being represented by Shoosmiths Edinburgh

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 15 October 2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
    Total Amount Claimed : £2400
    Claimants Name: Cabot Financial UK Limited
    Solicitors Firm: Shoosmiths LLP
    Original Creditor: AQUA (NEW DAY)
    Original Debt : Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ): Credit Agreement between Original Owner (I'm guessing New Day but its not specified) ...is dated 30/08/2016 and relates to a credit agreement by the original owner for Aqua - Mastercard - Credit Card..... Utilised up until 31/01/20....... last payment was made on 08/06/2019... a Default Notice was issued upon 31/01/20. The sum due in terms of the said agreement amounts to 2420.17. The right to receive payment of the sums due in terms of the said account vests in the Claimant.
    Is the debt Statute Barred: No
    List any letters you have sent: CCA, CPR

We had loads of debt and were paying it all off or paying towards it for over 3 years but it got too much. My self employed business had finally gotten into the black end of tax year 2015(March). My autistic son was diagnosed May 2015 with Leukaemia and underwent daily treatment from then until August 2018. I had to give up my business as I'm the only driver and travelled frequently, almost daily, home and then back up to Edinburgh to be with my son. Our total debts were below 20,000 and we were paying approx 1500-1600 towards credit per month. We needed to use the credit constantly due to having no cash as we had to use it to pay for credit and interest. A rough calculation showed we'd paid the credit companies over 35,000 and we still had 96% credit usage, then they all upped the interest by in some cases 5%. Tried talking to them and they would stop charges etc. but refused to suspend account and thus the interest. My wife and I are carers for our sons as 2 have autism. We are also on Income Support and have been since our son got Cancer. So defaults later and letters from companies I'd never heard of I binned them as junk mail as we get a lot of it anyway without reading them. Hence the court case at Jedburgh Sheriff Court I'm guessing one of those was a LBA. I have also been advised that we should never have been given credit and to explore an irresponsible lending route through FOS. Have done a bit but am lost as to what to do now.

I have done a bit of research but I'm lost. I can find plenty of CABOT on the FCA but none link to CABOT UK. The addresses all match at Companies House but my paperwork says CABOT UK is in Worthing. In addition there is no mention of them on the FCA lists nor the CSA lists. Lastly I queried the FCA and they have said the licence for CABOT UK lapsed in 2015. I have PDFs of these things just in case as it took ages to look and see if the various links to companies resulted in a relationship.
    Tags: None

Have just queried the paperwork trying to get a password which wasn't on the paperwork to access files online. Last date for respose is 23/12/20 meaning we don't have to acknowledge receipt of papers until then. Plenty of time to figure what to do next. I've not posted the CCA or CPR as I have until Thursday to do that before the postage is void. Should I just send them or wait?

Comment

Bump any help anyone?

Comment

I can help you with this - will send a private message

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X