• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mortimer clarke chasing me a year & half after my response to court papaers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mortimer clarke chasing me a year & half after my response to court papaers

Hi All I hope you can help as this is getting crazy*

long story short my partner & I lost our jobs just before our wedding in 2012*
    we continued to make payments till December on all our credits cards till we ran out of savings*

fast forward to 2018 & I start getting letters about a dept. I though I had payed off over the last 5 years or so (we payed everyone else off over this time)
    I ignored the letters after a quick google saying the company are scammers EG: Cabot finance*

I get a court letter in August 2018 re this debt I reply saying its status bared & they had 6 years to contact me (I thought I had last paid them in August 2012)*

nothing no reply form the court, nothing from Mortimer clarke

in May 2019 my Husband died suddenly after a long illness after a few months I pay off all my debts with my inheritance
    now December 2019 I get a letter from Mortimer clart saying they have evidence of my last payment of 03/06/2013 and that because I applied for a new credit card with Vanquish in 2018 I acknowledged this debt from 2012 & they will take me back to court if I don't pay*

I reply asking for evidence of this payment as its not a payment its a charge on the credit card of 0.49p from EVANQUIS

today another letter not acknowledging my letter at all saying that if I don't pay they will lift the stay on the proceedings and request a judgment*

so my questions*
    if they took me to court in 2018 but didn't reply for over a year & a half can they restart the claim from August 2018? or will they have to start all over again in 2020 so eg its all status bared

if they can pick up from 2018 but I didn't receive any notification of this is there anything I can do as I think from the statement evidence the status bar would of been from December 2012 & not august 2012* (as I thought at the time)*

& if its all status bared & they sent me false evidence claiming that I paid them in July 2013 of 49p (that's actually a charge) can I take them to court for harassment?*

Thanks*
    Tags: None

-Update:
    I've spoke to the court & they said Mortimer Clarke would have a apply to a judge to reopen the case & give good grounds for the year & half delay
    I've gone back through my paper work I have found letters from the court & Mortimer Clarke

The one from the court (dated 05-09-2018)*
    MC had 28 days to present their evidence or the claim will be stayed (which it is at the moment)

I also have a letter from MC saying they have the evidence that my last payment was on the 03-12-12 they sent this on the 3-09-18 within the 28 days

so my big question now is if I asked the court for this case to be closed on the evidence that MC had the evidence back within the 28 days but didn't chose to proceed* that is should be closed*

& can I put in a claim for harassment?*
    Thanks Yoshi The Jug*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X