• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj in default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj in default

Hello, in late October I received notice from the court bailiff that an enforcement order had been made in relation to a judgement which I knew nothing about. I called the bailiff that day and they provided me the details regarding the judgement and the solicitors acting for the claimant (an old credit card I had). I called them that day and entered an arrangement to repay, I explained that I knew nothing about about the judgement, and it transpired that proceedings were issued against a previous address.I subsequently wrote to them requesting that they set aside the judgement via a consent order, they responded declining but without explaination. I replied pointing out the fact that proceedings were issued incorrectly and that there is a serious risk to my Livelihood. They responded advising that they would now take their clients instructions, today they have contacted me advising that their client will not concent to proceedings being set aside, they have not provided any explanation. I will now make an application to have set aside with the court, is there anything that in these circumstances I need to specifically do.
    Tags: None

Hi - As you probably already know, applying to set aside a judgment costs £255. :o
    The key questions are not just the fact that the communication was sent to an old address but also whether, had you received the documents about the claim, would you have been able to defend it?
    This is crucial because when you make the set aside application - that bit is easy, you just explain that the forms were sent to an old address. The defence bit means that you will have to assemble a defence to the claim you would have received when you do the set aside.
    You say its an old credit card? When did you last make payment? You will need to do a CCA request to Cabot to see a copy of the original agreement. You can also ask them to disclose any documents they mention in the claim. These could give you some vital defence points.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Can you also state that even if you have no defence against the debt you would have settled it promptly had you known about it. ??
      I imagine if this was successful you would have to pay immediately though ??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X