• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - Can Cabot chase me for this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Can Cabot chase me for this?

Hi,

An alleged debt I owed to First Direct was sold to Cabot around 4 years ago.

Cabot literally harassed me continuously for this debt and broke every rule in the book in doing so.

It got to the point where I threatened them with court action over harassment. Within a couple of weeks of doing this, the alleged debt disappeared totally from all my credit records!

I though that was the end of it and they had written the debt off, however, almost one year later, the alleged debt has reappeared on my credit reports with a 'Gone Away' marker, even though I am still at the same address.

I disputed the entry with the credit reference agencies but Cabot has written to me saying that the debt is valid and, very surprisingly, they have included a copy of the original loan agreement with First Direct, even though I requested this at least 5 times previously and they could never provide it!

The original loan agreement is a simple agreement and there is NO Clause to say the debt can be assigned to a third party.

Where do I stand in disputing this as I signed the agreement with First Direct, not Cabot and the agreement I signed does not say it can be assigned to a third party?

Grateful of any help.
    Last edited by tobac; 18th November 2019, 20:37:PM.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X