• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi.. New & Needing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi.. New & Needing help

Hi,

I'm Matthew. I received a ccj court letter (Attached).

The debt was a bank account I had 10 years ago, I had completely forgotten about as I have serious mental health condition it's difficult to get my head round what to do. I have read I can go online to dispute it and some 3 letters but haven't a clue what to do.

if anyone can guide me to the right direction, apologies for asking for help straight away.

regards Matthew.
    Tags: None

Sorry had to resize.
    Attached Files

Comment

Remove the password from the form you posted.

You've received a claim form, not yet a CCJ, and hopefully not. Acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form, but put nothing in the defence. You will then have 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court

So when did they ask for the money back?

if this was more than 6 years ago, the debt has not been acknowledged, nothing has been paid then the claim is statute barred and they cannot claim. You deny that any debt is due.

Others will be along to give more detail.

Comment

Hi Ostell,

Thanks for the reply.

They have not, this was a bank account or credit card from 2009 with Halifax, I had a major breakdown and was diagnosed with unstable personality disorder so all bank stuff was left. I've had a Santander account since in good status. The past few weeks I started reciving letters from Cabot which never stated what it was for so my care worker never dealt with it. Since been discharged and then received this letter.

I was told to check on Clearscore for the CCJ thing which it shows a CCJ to Cabot in 2016 at an address I haven't lived at since 2012. So I assume one is credit and this is bank overdraft.

What so I do after the 33 days has passed?

I really appreciate your help.

Comment

During those 33 days you prepare a defence. If there has been no action on the account for 6 years then it is possibly statute barred and they are hoping that they will win again as there has been no response previously. Your first do not admit to the debt then the next is that any debt would be statute barred, you have no recollection of any debt from Cabot or dealings with them about this.

Some one else will have better knowledge of this sort of things. R0b

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X