• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TFL penalty charges and van cloned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFL penalty charges and van cloned

Last December we received 4 PCN tickets within a week claiming our van was driven through the ultra low emissions zone. At the same time my eld
    Tags: None

elderly mother was dying. We were at the care home most days. I explained this to TFL and they suggested that all 4 penalty charges could be dealt with on the same appeal letter. I sent the evidence plus the police reference number of the cloning to TFL. In January 20

Comment

In January 2023 we received one rejection letter to go to tribunal. I phoned TFL and they said I could resend the evidence with forms provided for the 3 others that were sent to CDR their enforcement officers. I completed the forms which went back to TEC and they rejected them even though the photographic evidence shows clearly that it wasn’t our van. On 22nd May we travelled to London for the appeal at the tribunal and won the case.

The other 3 remaining cases were sent back to CDR for enforcement. I spoke with them and because we are both vulnerable we could set up a repayment plan to prevent bailiffs coming out. I feel that we have produced enough evidence and TEC are not looking at the evidence.

in October 2023 enforcement officers arrived at our door. I let them in and the officer could see from photographic evidence it was a different van. He advised me to write to TEC with further evidence and again it was looked at and we were sent 3 n244’s to complete. We don’t have 3x £285 to appeal . I requested all to be heard together as it is the same evidence for all three. My husband no longer drives. He has had several TIAs in the past few monthsv( stress related)). He is under nhs mental health and are waiting to retest his memory to see if he has dementia. Furthermore he is severely dyslexic, has the highest. band for mobility and personal care. They won’t listen. What do I do to get this stopped

Comment

Try not to worry.

a) What you need to do is make a formal complain to TFL, follow their complaints procedure, mark the email / letter Formal Complaint.

Explain the background, vehicle number plate was cloned, 4 tickets were issued, etc, you've followed their instructions, but following their instructions has lead you to be 'harassed', you are being chased for money you don't owe. You want these tickets cancelled as they should have been cancelled BY NOW and you seek compensation for the stress and anxiety (explain health issues) this has caused you. Quote the Prevention from Harassment Act 1997.

Also state in the email / letter, that they have ignored the information you have provided (3 tickets still remain), they hold incorrect information on you and you are minded to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.

Andy Lord
        Commisioner of TFL
        Andy.Lord@tfl.gov.uk

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/con...ints-procedure

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Update when you get a response or you need further advice.

Comment

The reference to N244 forms suggest that court claims have been issued and CCJs obtained against the OP. Is this correct?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The N244 form is to have the enforcement process suspended.

The cases won't have been to court but TEC will have registered the penalty as a debt and are now enforcing it.
            I think a statutory declaration might be required The form for this should have been included with an order for Recovery.

It might be worth posting on Pepipoo (Pepipoo.com) as they have members who are very knowledgeable about TFl and its ways!

Comment

The thing is the OP has engaged with TFL, has been given instructions, 'do this', the OP has done 'as told', so this firmly rests with TFL. The more you deal with the process, the further away you seem to be getting. This has been going on for a year.

If you're on Twitter, you can message TFL.

'I explained this to TFL and they suggested that all 4 penalty charges could be dealt with on the same appeal letter. I sent the evidence plus the police reference number of the cloning to TFL. In January 20'

Comment

Thank you for the advice and will send the complaint letter. CDR want to set up a repayment plan. If I pay something I look as though I am guilty!!

Comment

Originally posted by Debs52 View Post
                  Thank you for the advice and will send the complaint letter. CDR want to set up a repayment plan. If I pay something I look as though I am guilty!!
                  If you pay you are saying the PCN's are correctly issued, when in fact the 'number plate was cloned'.

It becomes difficult to then argue against there issue.

What you can do is ask CDR for sometime to seek guidance on your finances, ask for 45 days, by that time you should get some responses from your complaints with the evidence you send to show that the 'number plate was cloned'.

'I sent the evidence plus the police reference number of the cloning to TFL'

Keep on top of it, you will get it resolved. It's stupid of them to tell you to do something, then just ignore after you've done it.

Update the thread with their responses, so we can provide further input.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X