• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Claims Court Bundle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Claims Court Bundle

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.

I am taking an electronics company to a small claims court over a faulty TV on 15 September and have been told to submit all documents to the court 7 days prior.

Could anyone please advise on the following:

1) I have been asked to provide documents. How should these be presented? In a printed bundle or via email to the court?

2) Does anyone have any examples of previous bundles for small claims proceedings I may be able to look at so I know what to include and how to include it?

3) If any examples aren't available, please could someone advise what sort of things I need to include? Is it everything and the kitchen sink?

4) How should I send them and where to?

5) If I have to send hard copies rather than email, do I send them just one copy?

6) The company's lawyers sent me through their witness statement last week, attaching one piece of evidence from their side. Do I need to do the same. with all evidence?

7) Are they allowed to change their witness statement at any point once it's been submitted? There are a number of inconsistencies and they do seem to have some of their facts right. I wonder when they receive mine whether they're allowed to change some of the facts they've included in theirs.

Many thanks. So Sorry for all the questions. I've reached out to the court a couple of times via phone and email and they just don't get back.
    Tags: None

Apologies, one more thing. There are factual errors in the defendant’s witness statement. Am I allow to refer to these in mine?

Comment

This is a duplicate thread. I posted under "Guides and Templates, Bringing a Court Claim"

Your witness statement should be based on facts not opinions and cover everything that happened in chronological order

My advice is not to refer to errors in the defendant's witness statement.

Make notes of the errors, question the defendant's witness about them at the hearing and you may catch them by surprise, causing them to dig a deeper hole.

Comment

Many thanks Pezza54. For some reason, I wasn't notified anyone had responded :/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X