• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howto claim against CC company and YBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howto claim against CC company and YBS

Oh dear me this is causing great anxiety and stress.

3 weeks ago I made a payment of £1000 to clear .my Barclaycard credit card balance. I used the Yorkshire Building Society mobile app. to make the payment. I have a saved payee for Barclaycard.and I have used before for the payment and had no issues doing so via the app.

This time, Barclaycard claim to have sent the payment back to YBS claiming the reference number was only 15 digits , it should be 16. U did use 16. The payee saved I have is a 16 digit number and previously worked.

YBS are claiming they have not received any return.

I have an email.from Barclaycard giving the sort, account, amount and date the payment was returned to. They are the YBS account . YBS are saying that there is no record and Barclaycard need to specify a roll number and account

Barclaycard state they just sent the transaction back within the information it came with and cannot do any more.

I have raised formal complaints with both alas it's going nowhere , each blaming each other.

After the statutory 8weeks whence complaint was made, can I take them.to court , who should I take to court, what do I need as evidence and what are my prospects do I have any other options?

Tags: None

Rather than initiate court action, which is always a bit of a lottery, have you thought about a complaint to the Ombudsman.
    Free to you, but it costs the banks!
    Ombudsman's final decision is binding on the banks, but not on you.
    That means you can try court if you disagree with ombudsman

Comment

Hello, indeed...I have a final response from Barclaycard asserting that the payment was rejected and returned to the source along with all information as was received.

YBS are still investigating, still denying they have the money. In have put the 8 well deadline for a final response letter.

Then I go to the ombudsman.

Super. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X