• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Heads of claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads of claims

Hi All,
    Happy Easter
    I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, If anyone, is at a loose end, and knows what heads of claims are, and feels like explaining it to me like I'm a 5 year old I'd really appreciate it

TIA
    tdb
    Tags: None

Heads of claim (often referred to as heads of loss) are the categories of damages caused by a breach of contract or a tort.

Different categories from different circumstances... so what is the background to your query?

Comment

Hi DE58
      Many thanks for your reply, I am bringing a claim against my Housing association for breach of contract and Intentional infliction of emotional distress and want to claim exemplary damages, it's a strange claim mine, I've been reading lots but I'm getting confused, I can use Protection from eviction Act 1977 and also Protection from Harassment Act 1997,

Comment

Damages for breach of contract put the claimant back into the position they would have been in had the breach not occurred.
        Rarely are damages awarded for distress following breach of contract.

To obtain damages for claims under the Protection from Harrassment Act the course of conduct complained of must be exceptionally grave, and actually cause alarm, fear or distress..

Comment

Hi DE58
          Again many thanks for your reply Yeah, you could say their conduct would constitute being exceptionally grave and did cause a lot of distress and fear, also been looking at lawful ,means conspiracy as their are 3 people involved in one instances and the 2 others in another
          but again thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X