• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warranty not being honored

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty not being honored

Hi,

I need some help. I brought a second hand phone from BackMarket Market place for my partner on 20th December 2021. The supplier was Phones direct UK. My partner did not use the phone until the end of December and after two weeks she reported to me that the phone kept switching off and that she was now unable to turn the phone back on. I thought that this was user error and managed to turn the phone back on. She then reported a week later that the phone was still malfunctioning. I had a look at the phone again and noticed that the phone was difficult to turn back on. I managed this but it was as if the buttons on the phone did not work as they should.

I contacted back market and they agreed to the return instantly. Great I thought. I sent it to Phones Direct UK about 5 days later as I was busy and checked their system after about a week and their system said that they had received the device. I contacted them to see what they had found and they said that they were inspecting it and that the repair was complete and that they would contact me when they were about to send the device back (they never did).

I had the device delivered about 3 days later. I recorded me opening the package and inspecting the device (https://youtu.be/USVxLoM131k). I found that they had forgot to include the plug charger and that the screen also had a scratch/chip (5 Minutes into the video) on the bottom left hand side of the screen. I thought that this was ok as I would not be using it and as long as the phone worked then I can overlook this.

My partner then configure the device again and started to use it again. She then reported to me that the phone had the same issues as before. I reported the issues that the Phone still had the same issues and that the Charging plug was missing and that the phone now has a chip in the screen. Phones direct UK then asked why I had not reported this earlier as they are now unable to claim from the courier. I asked them to let me know where it states that I have to inform them about a scratch screen within a certain amount of days. They said that they would ask back market to adjudicate the issue. They asked for phones. I sent the phones and they then advised that because of the damage to the phone screen, they would be unable to honor the 12 Month warranty?

I have tried to communicate with them but they were initially obstructive but now they will not speak to me at all.

I am currently going through my credit card company to charge back the money but I just need to know what to do. The credit card company said that I have to get intouch with them and give them the opportunity to retrieve the device and that I should give them 15 days. After this time they will apply for the charge back. I have gone onto their website and found an email address but they have not replied back to me even though I requested that they acknowledge the email.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

I have uploaded the chats that I have had from Phones Direct UK

Kind regards,

Paul
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X