• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Representing a Child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Representing a Child

My son was excluded from a childrens group on two different occasions.
    1st I was with him, argued for him with the adult volunteers but still excluded (he is exempt from wearing a 'mask' it was during all that lot last year)
    2nd my friend was with him, (and her son) argued for him with the adult volunteers but still excluded (he is exempt from wearing a 'mask' it was during all that lot last year)

We had tried to deal with the issue before hand however they enforced the above.
    Once excluded we complained, pre court letters, had the group back down and change 'policies'.

After pre court letters they offered to mediate with my friend and I however as it came to the 6 months to have it in court by, nothing had been arranged.

I sent in court paper for incidents 1 and 2
    The court passed on the case to the defendants for incident 1, incident 2 was lost. (They were in the same envelope)

I resent incident 2 - it was lost again
    I have re resent incident 2 they are now saying that its the same as incident 1, so I need to go over the papers and step by step them though it AGAIN!
    Two similar incidents on DIFFERENT dates, clearly highlighted

The defendant claims that they do not know who I am claiming for, and I think they have done some paperwork as the court has directed for incident 1 that I need to bring an amended Particulars of claim as they do not know who I am claiming for.
    (To me rubbish as my son was excluded from the activities NOT ME.)

I also need to do the 'formalities of acting via a Litigation Friend' ?!?!??

I have sought help all over however all legal people helping with mask cases were overwhelmed. I have my own disabilities including PTSD and reading lots of things becomes a jumbled mess, not idea for all of this.

Any help / guidance (law companies willing to take it on) appreciated.

Yet again on the letters...
    Letter dated 14th March, arrived 21st March .... any party affected by this order may apply to have it set aside, or varied, provided that an application is made within 7 days of service of the order on the party making the application.

I have had several letters that arrive THREE days after a deadline.
    How am I to do those things, in those time frames.
    For me I need to do letters and post.
    Last edited by disaster; 29th March 2022, 12:48:PM.
    Tags: None

... no one has ever needed to help an under 18?
    ... no guidance anywhere for it?

Thank you :-)

Comment

What do you want from this? Financial compensation? Did you see a solicitor or take any advice before deciding you had a claim?

Comment

In court proceedings by a child the proceedings must be conducted by a litigation friend.
        Such a person is appointed by the court.

If you wish to act as a Litigation Friend you need to apply.

Suggested initial reading:
        https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part21
        https://www.gov.uk/litigation-friend
        https://www.gov.uk/litigation-friend/apply

I have never acted in that capacity

Comment

Could I please urge any lay person considering being a Litigation Friend to NOT do so. The Official solicitor is there to perform this role. You have no protection from the other side, there is no precedent for whether you can step down or not - even if you are ill or otherwise realise you can no longer perform the role - and no legal person, be they solicitor, barrister or judge, seems to know what your legal status is or how to help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X