• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amended Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello R0b,

Here you go...see attachment.

horleyox
    Last edited by horleyox; 2nd September 2021, 14:01:PM.

Comment

Well after all that hassle submitting compliant re-amended PoC on time, the defendants' solicitor has made an application to overturn the court order that allowed me to submit amended PoC in the first place. They are not appealing the DJ's decision/judgment but want it to be overturned, stating I shouldn't have been given another opportunity.

And of course they want to claim all costs to date including those linked to this application.

Has anyone ever come across a duly made court order being overturned by a legal representative on the grounds he doesn't agree with the judgment. Indeed the application questions the DJ's impartiality.

They are so desperate for their clients not to end up in court as their defence is not credible, never mind truthful.

horleyox

Comment

Has anyone ever come across a duly made court order being overturned by a legal representative on the grounds he doesn't agree with the judgment. Indeed the application questions the DJ's impartiality.
        All the time but it is fact specific. You've removed the order so I can't see what it says but what was the date of that order they're objecting to? Did it say anything in there that the parties have X days to file an application to vary the order or any words to that effect?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello R0b,

I found my name was still in the author field of the PDFs; hence why removed.

They state the amended PoC (prepared with the help of Efpom and stuck strictly with the DJ's directions and what was asked of me) should have been enough to strike out my claim and claim the defendants' costs
          horleyox

Comment

The order(s) in June and August only stated the deadlines when I had to file if I didn't want my claim to be struck out.

horleyox

Comment

Out of interest, may I ask Efpom if he is/was a solicitor or has any legal training or qualifications?

horleyox

Comment

It would be helpful to see the actual order otherwise we're just speculating. Assuming the order was made without the parties being present, then CPR 23.10 applies:

(1) A person who was not served with a copy of the application notice before an order was made under rule 23.9, may apply to have the order set aside or varied.

(2) An application under this rule must be made within 7 days after the date on which the order was served on the person making the application.
                I'm guessing your argument to oppose will be the fact that they were fully aware of the order being made, had no objections only until you filed a compliant POC and, perhaps the details of the POC have given the defendant's cause for concern and are now deciding that they did not like the previous order so are now seeking to set it aside. Unfortunately, they're out of time for consideration, simple as that.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello R0b,

The solicitor has stated in an email to me that he has complied with obligations pursuant to CPR 39.8 and in the application makes reference to it being made pursuant to CPR 3.3(5)(a).

Had no opportunity to object. They make a strike out application on 20 July and then this application to set aside on 20 August - 11 days before my re-amended PoC were due to be submitted.

horleyox

Comment

Was the set aside application made 'with notice' or 'without notice'? In order words, have you receive the application that they've made and on the application does it say it is being made with or without notice.

What was the date of that order giving an extension to file an amended POC? You then need to work out if this set aside application made more or less than 7 days as required by CPR 3.5(6)(b). If more than 7 days, the application should not be heard as they are out of time.

Does the application come with a witness statement and if so what is the contents? We should really see all of the contents of that application and accompanying documents.

I don't want to sound rude but if you want us to help then you really do need to give full disclosure and share the documents albeit redacted. It's very hard to try and interpret what's going on and how you can approach this without seeing what the other side has said or done.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

R0b
                      1. There is no mention of notice or no notice in the application; it did however come attached to a Notice of Hearing Application granted (namelessly) for 8 November on 14 September

2. The order they are trying to set aside was made on 2 Aug, while their application to do so was made on 20 Aug, so more than 7 days later

horleyox

Comment

R0b,

Here you go. Redacted copy uploaded.

horleyox
                        Attached Files

Comment

What do you think? Any chance of opposing the application on the grounds of CPR/7 day rule?

horleyox

Comment

Morning R0b,

I wasn't sure how one went about objecting to an application. Is it by making an application notice or just sending a letter to the court? And is a fee required?

Anyway, I have gone ahead and drafted a letter to the court seeking that the defendants' application not be heard based on your initial advice and providing reasons why. Copy attached. Your comments would be much appreciated.

horleyox
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by horleyox View Post
                              Morning R0b,

I wasn't sure how one went about objecting to an application. Is it by making an application notice or just sending a letter to the court? And is a fee required?

Anyway, I have gone ahead and drafted a letter to the court seeking that the defendants' application not be heard based on your initial advice and providing reasons why. Copy attached. Your comments would be much appreciated.

horleyox
                              The application will most likely be heard, to refuse to hear would open a door for an appeal so its most likely going to hear listed and heard. You are at risk of costs, you need to be alive to that, and while i cannot say what the costs are you may face, id expect it to be several thousands if they succeed.

You really need to oppose the application, the letter to the Court is a good start but do make sure you copy the others side into the letter when you send it.

I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by horleyox View Post
                                Hello Efpom,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have uploaded redacted copies of both the Order and Amended PoC here. The exhibits run to 34 pages, so I have only included one that summarises my interpretation of the breaches of duty, plus evidence of causation and liability.

The claim is in the tort of private nuisance and damages to my property by a neighbour (Point 1). My interpretation of the legal basis for the claim is set out at Points 5 in the Amended PoC.

Many thanks
                                horleyox
                                Other than a copy of any contract relevant to the dispute, you shouldn't attach any evidence to the PoC.

QCK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X