• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour Problem

I had to eventually take a neighbour to court by issuing an injunction after months of harassment.

The main issue was that I did not belong at my home because I was not wealthy enough. Living in the country you always find a 'KingPin' neighbour who controls the area and who is always on the side of the police for obvious reasons. This neighbour would smoke us out with his bonfires, park on our driveway, have all night parties with booming cinema noise at 04:00 am in the morning, cutting trees with a chain saw for logs outside our house even though he owned that piece of land. I even had to chain my disposal bin to my car bumper to stop him moving it away. He would watch over me as I worked on my house often with flash lights triggering above my head. Told me to remove my CCTV on our property because I would be drooling over his wife a and children on my mobile phone if they walked on my land. it was endless.

It came to the last straw after the police and council began threatening me with prosecution especially having rejected mediation. We just wanted him to leave us along and to clear off back to his own property..

Having reported him at least 12 times in a year, the council approached us to say that every complaint was a failure(listen it gets worse) that because they were unable to catch him, that we were now harassing him and his wife by reporting what he used to do. His wife would be filming us late at night whilst driving away with blinding lights in our eyes because we had our CCTV on our house. When driving down the lane, she would drive up behind me as to shunt me off the road. Their car doors would be left fully open top stop me driving to my house. On one occasion decorating our trees with buntering flags on VE day.

We told the police that we had enough as we were being driven out of our home and that we were taking them to court. The officer told me that if I wanted peace and quiet that I should go and live in a field.

When mentioning that I was going to take court action he laughed by saying that it would be thrown out of court.

The court case was issued and the police disbanded-gone!! The neighbours solicitor began threatening us with high penalties now reaching £40,000 saying that we will now pay the lot because our case will be thrown out of court.

It came to court and the judge decided on a full hearing. Even after that and the court worked in our favour by recommendation that if they would not concede by allowing us our rights by discussion that a full hearing would be heard .

Eventually they paid court fees of around £40,000

These things never fully settle and if and when we get trouble it is another fee we have to pay to our solicitor so we decided to leave.

George
    Tags: None

Hm we had virtually the same problem, next door threatened my wife, screaming we will get you evicted, you're not married to him, I was away on a business trip to South America, returning home I landed at Heathrow first plane down, home at 7oc then it started with my wife over the fence, I sat there for a few minutes, then I just snapped, I had a few choice words, as a result, they moved out, three weeks later.

Comment

We've had very similar neighbour experiences George, eventually we moved. It sounds awful what you've put up with but great that you came through in court. Why do people act like this??

Comment

long time ago a neighbour complained to the council that a lap fence was erected too big between their kitchen door/fence and ours, a council chap arrived and I pointed out trouble with neighbour moaning the 4 children noisy playing in back garden? he stated but your lap fence is 18 inches - two feet long than allowed, at which point the neighbour screamed at the children playing at the top of the garden, Oh! he stated I hear your problem, they are not making much noise, gave me a notice to state planning allowed, seems he reported next door neighbour who received a cease/desist notice from the council>

Comment

I'm having the same experience.

Police won't do anything and write me warnings over things I'm not doing
          ​​​​​​
          ha do the same thing, even my dog pees and poops outside the property like this is not allowed! They don't even own the street

I did apply for an injunction but it got thrown out because I didn't sign the witness statements

Neighbours lied and said they gave me witness statements which they didn't. I have applied to the court to get them. Know they are full of lies.

Anyway you can give tips?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X