• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consent order help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consent order help

First, thank you for all the posts, they have really helped me understand where I am with this although none of them follow my full circumstances, hence the post...

I have been the victim of fraud and found several defaults and a CCJ on my credit file which I knew nothing about.
    I have contacted Action Fraud and all parties involved over the last few months but got nowhere fast with the exception of the CCJ.

CCJ - Debt company had a judgement by default - they didn't have my correct address so I never received any of the paperwork.
    Sent off the N244 with a statement.
    Sent debt company evidence the debt is not mine and they then agreed to a Consent Order
    Consent order states:
    1, 13(2)(b) and 13.3(1)(b)(I)….Defendant may not have had a reasonable opportunity to respond.
    2, Defendant to file defence within 14 days of Order.
    3, Directions Questionnaire to be filed.
    4, No Order as to costs.

My queries are:
    1, Should I receive anything more than the Consent Order from the court?
    2, How do I submit my defence? Would this be to the court named on the Consent Order (this is different to previous as it was Northampton)
    3, Where do I get a Directions Questionnaire from?
    4, I went through a rigorous interview process and received a job offer. The job offer was revoked when they checked my Credit file (this is the only reason I know about the CCJ) should I be asking for compensation? Have I waived my right to this by signing the consent order? I'm obviously gutted about this and emotionally attached so want a non biased opinion on if I can claim anything for this as it's affected my entire family, pension, etc.

Other fraudulent defaults
    One is with the ombudsman, the others are refusing to respond other than generic correspondence as they can't verify me on the account. I'm literally at my whit's end with these.
    Tags: None

Also, just another question - probably really silly but I'm struggling with the terminology

Am I writing a defence, in the third person or am I writing a witness statement in the first person as the defendant or do I have to do both?

Do I refer to the evidence within the defence/witness statement as exhibit 1, exhibit 2, exhibit 3, etc.?

Thanks for any speedy response as I only received the consent order on 27th Dec but it was dated 18th Dec and with only 14 days to compile everything through the holidays I feel like I'm really up against it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X