• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cowboy builder CRA 2015 breach, defence and counter claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy builder CRA 2015 breach, defence and counter claim received

I posted this earlier in my original thread, however it's better off here I imagine as it's in relation to a claim I commenced against a builder who undertook work in my flat which was not carried out with reasonable care or skill under the CRA 2015 and actually caused damage to previously undamaged parts of my flat. Things have now progressed and I've just received the witness statement and a counterclaim from the builder, which is steeped in legalese. I have to admit to being intimidated and a little overwhelmed now. I hope that some of you might be able to give me some advice as to what my next steps should be in relation to the 3 points below.

1. In the Defence, the builder states that my Particulars of Claim failed to give adequate information to enable him to properly assess his position. It also requests that I provide 'specific details' of which elements of his work were carried out in Breach of the CRA 2015, as the particulars of claim did not do this, which is correct. In the PoC I simply stated that his work had been in breach of the CRA 2015 as it was not carried out with reasonable care and skill. Is his statement here something I should be concerned about or that I should address in some way?
    2. The builder also asked that I bare the cost of amending his defence should I supply the information requested in 1. I had provided this to him previously via email and explained that it was in breach of the CRA 2015, prior to the claim being made. Is this something I should agree to or can I refer him to this email?
    3. He also requested that I provide 'motive and evidence' that he filmed me in my home without my agreeing to it. I had mentioned this as a reason why I did not wish him to return to my property as I felt unsafe, after I had noticed him filming me in my flat without asking my permission when he attended to view the damage he had caused and I challenged him about this. I have video footage of him holding the camera and my challenging him, so there is evidence, however I wondered if I have to provide the 'motive' he requests?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X