• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Human Rights Act claim - Landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Rights Act claim - Landlord

Hi,

Looking at feasibility of making a claim against former social landlord complex case.

In a nutshell moved into house and attacked in hate crime by another tenant living opposite. for no reason.

This culminated in threats to kill criminal damage and damage to house and car.

Other tenant had CCTV on her house as she claimed to be a domestic violence victim. The CCTV belonged to the social landlord.

Our attacker turned CCTV which had a light on it onto our home - we complained to landlord who moved the CCTV away again. Tenant moved it back an forth to suit her self. We complained that the CCTV activation light was keeping us awake. Landlord was advised she was filming us using their CCTV by turning the installation onto our home. The CCTV unit was sensor activated and once activated took short video clips.

During the investigation into her crimes, I was told by Police that they had to go through 1000s of videos whilst working on our case. Me and my family were the sole content of the video SD card which they examined. I knew the intrusion was taking place.

The other party used the CCTV as part of her campaign against us. Contacted ICo who have contatced former landlord asking various questions.

We suffered PTSD due to her attacking us in our home., etc - at this time I cannot prove she viewed the images etc so no breach of DPA just breaks the code of practice.

Have had to move miles away due to threat this person posed. She is a druggie in rehab just given her 3rd chance to live normally with her kids. Since this happened she has gone back to her old life minus her kids.

What I would like to know is this - is there any chance of bringing legal action against our former landlord who didn't do very much to help in a difficult circumstance.

We have had to leave £1000s in blinds and flooring in our old house and start again plus cost of moving with the disabilities we have. I believe we may have some chance of claiming under the HRA Article 8 > right to family and private life ?

Has anyone experience of bringing this type of claim - want to recover if possible costs of moving etc and damages for breach of HRA against landlord. I cannot see much in the DPA as I have been told she would have needed tosee the contents of the SD card etc.

Done SAR for the SD card as the Police have it - just to see how much we have been intruded upon ... any advice anyone thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X