• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/shop direct court paper ...what next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/shop direct court paper ...what next

Thanks so much I'm waiting for my other half to arrive and it's jump in the car and drive lol

Will keep you updated

Comment

OK so got to the courts at 3.58 to find they shut at 2 ���� there was a vault to post paperwork so I put it in there and went to the post office and posted BW legals copies ....waiting game now :/

Comment

most courts seem to close at 2 p.m. I found that out in 2011

Comment

DELETED
          Last edited by micro; 18th November 2016, 22:17:PM.

Comment

Courts don't rise until 4 pm (i.e. DJs sit until 4 pm).

In some parts of the country the 'counter' may close to the public at 2 pm but the court remains open with a vault/secure receptacle etc. for filing legal paperwork. When that's opened and emptied the documents should be date stamped accordingly.

Di

Comment

Well .... just count down the days until the hearing now and hope I don't fluff it all up haha

Comment

Just had a letter off the courts saying I failed to supply my witness stament on time and they have ordered it to be submitted by the 1st December or the case can be struck out. It was dated the 14th and I submitted mine on the 18th so hope the letter means the judge will take it ?

Comment

Originally posted by màid_Màrián View Post
                  Just had a letter off the courts saying I failed to supply my witness stament on time and they have ordered it to be submitted by the 1st December or the case can be struck out. It was dated the 14th and I submitted mine on the 18th so hope the letter means the judge will take it ?
                  That was a close shave!

Call the court tomorrow to be certain that they have your WS which you filed on 18th November. You've still got time to fix the problem if it went astray.

Di

Comment

OK will do ... finger toes and everything crossed haha

Comment

• Re: Lowell/shop direct court paper ...what next

Phoned court - my witness statment was stamped in 22nd and fee has been paid ... shall update you how the hearing goes

Comment

Some cases have been discontinued at this stage (before the hearing, on receipt of Witness Statements).
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

OK guys so Monday is almost here ... any idea what the judge will ask me and any answers ? Anything I should say or avoid lol ?? Nerves are unreal

Comment

Hi
                            The Small Claims hearings I've been to have been a bit like this:

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Well that's good that it's not in a full on court lol makes me feel a little better ... so do I basically just say what iv been saying in my witness stament and take with me the originals of what iv sent ?

I'm assuming no more paperwork can be randomly produced on the day ?

Comment

Originally posted by màid_Màrián View Post
                                Well that's good that it's not in a full on court lol makes me feel a little better ... so do I basically just say what iv been saying in my witness stament and take with me the originals of what iv sent ?

I'm assuming no more paperwork can be randomly produced on the day ?
                                It might be worth checking this out.
                                The blank agreement/T&Cs that you posted mention 'Take 3'
                                'Take 3' is exclusive to Very. (A trading style of Shop Direct).
                                http://www.very.co.uk/web/en/take3.page
                                Very was launched in July 2009
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_(online_retailer)
                                https://www.shopdirect.com/brands-page/very/

Edit
                                If this info is correct, it not only blows their evidence re the agreement out of the water, but also casts considerable doubt on the accuracy of their witness statement,
                                & if you, a litigant in person, are able to find such an obvious discrepancy, if it were me I would make sure to point out to the judge that a firm the size of Lowells, with all of their resources, surely should, with due diligence, have picked it up.
                                Then I would respectfully ask for costs (but that's me! ).
                                Last edited by charitynjw; 2nd December 2016, 00:52:AM. Reason: Bit more info
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X